What are the symptoms of ATI card going to fail......??

Lately I see lines at the bottom of my screen and it jitters too.
Could this be a case of a bad driver or is it a hardware issue? On the
other hand could it be my monitor? I haven't even had the RADEON 9600
XT AGP for a year but my Envision 17" monitor I've had for 2 3/4yrs
Really could use some of your suggestions. Im using Microsoft Windows
XP Professional SP2 and omega drivers for the ATI
TIA!
Specs:
CPU

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
Manufacturer AMD
Family AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
Architecture 32-bit
Internal Clock 2.0 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 3.0 GHz
External Clock 169.0 MHz
Socket Designation Socket A
MOBO
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type DEC Alpha EV6
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 170 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 340 MHz
Bandwidth 2720 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 170 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 340 MHz
Bandwidth 5440 MB/s
Video Card

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon
9600 XT (RV360)
GPU Code Name RV360
PCI Device 1002 / 4152
Transistors 76 million
Process Technology 0.13u
Bus Type AGP
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 500 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 4
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 2 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 2000 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 2000 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 297 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 594 MHz
Bandwidth 9504 MB/s

In article <b805m01q2qugn7d9ofkq339ri0bdql292r@4ax.com>, Dunny Rummy
says...
> Lately I see lines at the bottom of my screen and it jitters too.
> Could this be a case of a bad driver or is it a hardware issue? On the
> other hand could it be my monitor? I haven't even had the RADEON 9600
> XT AGP for a year but my Envision 17" monitor I've had for 2 3/4yrs
> Really could use some of your suggestions. Im using Microsoft Windows
> XP Professional SP2 and omega drivers for the ATI
> TIA!

Thats your monitor packing up. When a graphics card goes you get
noticable graphics glitches such as a pattern of dots or blocks or
wierd graphics around the mouse pointer.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.