4.9 drivers and screen refresh rate

Installed the 4.9 CCC drivers on my AIW 9600 Pro. Seem to be working OK
but.... Have an old NEC Multisync 70. Installed the .inf file and Windows
XP XP2 shows proprer refresh rates and lets me set 85Hz. However that does
not get applied and CCC only show up to 60Hz. The monitor is not PnP but
worked fine in the prior version of the drivers. The visible (to me<g>)
flickering at 60Hz is a pain. Any ideas?

hi, see my post adjacent to yours. Try disabling DDC in ATI's monitor
control panel. I dont think the disable option is avalable if you have
Catalyst CC installed.

let me know how you go
cheers,
Scott

"Richard Miller" <millerrj3@att.net> wrote in message
> Installed the 4.9 CCC drivers on my AIW 9600 Pro. Seem to be working OK
> but.... Have an old NEC Multisync 70. Installed the .inf file and Windows
> XP XP2 shows proprer refresh rates and lets me set 85Hz. However that
> does not get applied and CCC only show up to 60Hz. The monitor is not PnP
> but worked fine in the prior version of the drivers. The visible (to
> me<g>) flickering at 60Hz is a pain. Any ideas?

Andy

I spent the whole of yesterday evening trying to overcome this exact
problem.

I uninstalled that control panel thingy so I could get at the advanced tabs
in windows display properties. I then found if I clicked the displays tab,
then clicked on the monitor I was using the *maximum refresh* at the bottom
was set to 60Hz, thus overiding the setting in the monitor tab. I set the
max refresh to 85Hz and it was sorted.

....Now to track down the source of these occasional lockups I'm getting when
running 3d stuff (which I'm pretty sure is a driver issue too)...

A.