Problem with refresh-rate on AIW 9700 Pro. It says 75Hz bu..

Hi, I posted proviously. I seem to be having a problem with my refresh rate
for the AIW 9700 Pro on Win XP. I have installed the latest software/drivers
for the AIW 9700 Pro card. When i go into "Display Properties" and change my
resolution to 1152 x 864, and then went into "Advanced > Adapter" and
changed it to 75Hz. The display however looks like 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz. So I
went into "Advanced > Displays" and it actually tell me 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz
confirming my speculation.

Why does Win XP display properties tell me that I am at 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz ,
where infact I am at 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz (as also onfirmed by the ATI
"Advanced > Displays" tab.

I have been successful at displaying 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz on my old ASUS V8170
DDR Video Card.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott
2 answers Last reply
More about problem refresh rate 9700 75hz

    Sorry, i meant to say that I went into "Advanced > Display" and changed it
    to 75Hz.

    "Scott Steven" <sstevens@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I posted proviously. I seem to be having a problem with my refresh
    > rate for the AIW 9700 Pro on Win XP. I have installed the latest
    > software/drivers for the AIW 9700 Pro card. When i go into "Display
    > Properties" and change my resolution to 1152 x 864, and then went into
    > "Advanced > Adapter" and changed it to 75Hz. The display however looks
    > like 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz. So I went into "Advanced > Displays" and it
    > actually tell me 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz confirming my speculation.
    >
    > Why does Win XP display properties tell me that I am at 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz
    > , where infact I am at 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz (as also onfirmed by the ATI
    > "Advanced > Displays" tab.
    >
    > I have been successful at displaying 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz on my old ASUS
    > V8170 DDR Video Card.
    >
    > Any help appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scott

    managed to work this one out.

    1. Unistalled CCC
    2. disabled DDC

    Now i am getting my required 75Hz refresh rate at 1152 x 864

    Why does ATI control panel's DDC cause such problem?
    Is CCC recommended? Seems awefully slow

    Now atleast i can uninstall.Net Framework 1.1

    > Sorry, i meant to say that I went into "Advanced > Display" and changed it
    > to 75Hz.
    >
    > "Scott Steven" <sstevens@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I posted proviously. I seem to be having a problem with my refresh
    >> rate for the AIW 9700 Pro on Win XP. I have installed the latest
    >> software/drivers for the AIW 9700 Pro card. When i go into "Display
    >> Properties" and change my resolution to 1152 x 864, and then went into
    >> "Advanced > Adapter" and changed it to 75Hz. The display however looks
    >> like 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz. So I went into "Advanced > Displays" and it
    >> actually tell me 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz confirming my speculation.
    >>
    >> Why does Win XP display properties tell me that I am at 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz
    >> , where infact I am at 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz (as also onfirmed by the ATI