Problem with refresh-rate on AIW 9700 Pro. It says 75Hz bu..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 8, 2004 12:10:54 AM

Hi, I posted proviously. I seem to be having a problem with my refresh rate
for the AIW 9700 Pro on Win XP. I have installed the latest software/drivers
for the AIW 9700 Pro card. When i go into "Display Properties" and change my
resolution to 1152 x 864, and then went into "Advanced > Adapter" and
changed it to 75Hz. The display however looks like 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz. So I
went into "Advanced > Displays" and it actually tell me 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz
confirming my speculation.

Why does Win XP display properties tell me that I am at 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz ,
where infact I am at 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz (as also onfirmed by the ATI
"Advanced > Displays" tab.

I have been successful at displaying 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz on my old ASUS V8170
DDR Video Card.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 12:13:46 AM

Sorry, i meant to say that I went into "Advanced > Display" and changed it
to 75Hz.

"Scott Steven" <sstevens@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I posted proviously. I seem to be having a problem with my refresh
> rate for the AIW 9700 Pro on Win XP. I have installed the latest
> software/drivers for the AIW 9700 Pro card. When i go into "Display
> Properties" and change my resolution to 1152 x 864, and then went into
> "Advanced > Adapter" and changed it to 75Hz. The display however looks
> like 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz. So I went into "Advanced > Displays" and it
> actually tell me 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz confirming my speculation.
>
> Why does Win XP display properties tell me that I am at 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz
> , where infact I am at 1152 x 864 @ 60Hz (as also onfirmed by the ATI
> "Advanced > Displays" tab.
>
> I have been successful at displaying 1152 x 864 @ 75Hz on my old ASUS
> V8170 DDR Video Card.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 1:41:26 AM

managed to work this one out.

1. Unistalled CCC
2. disabled DDC

Now i am getting my required 75Hz refresh rate at 1152 x 864

Why does ATI control panel's DDC cause such problem?
Is CCC recommended? Seems awefully slow

Now atleast i can uninstall.Net Framework 1.1

!