Battery life Easynote F7305

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The machine is about 6 months old, when running on battery it will die
after about 8 minutes use. There is no warning and the battery power
indicates over 70pc life left. I have looked at the battery management
and nothing unusual there.
I have tried draining the battery and then fully charging but this
changes nothing. Is it the battery at fault or am I missing something
here.

Many thanks
Bob

Assuming that you have almost 100% capacity after a charge then 70% after 8
minutes seems to be a great drop although not totally abnormal.
I am familar with Gateway systems that have a battery optimizer utility.

I see none or have found none for your system

You do not have unit set to go into hiberantion and or it does
not occur when on power pack?

I honestly do not know if this is availale on your system
"Bob" <w_w_wdot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The machine is about 6 months old, when running on battery it will die
> after about 8 minutes use. There is no warning and the battery power
> indicates over 70pc life left. I have looked at the battery management
> and nothing unusual there.
> I have tried draining the battery and then fully charging but this
> changes nothing. Is it the battery at fault or am I missing something
> here.
>
> Many thanks
> Bob

Cossack

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Hi there Bob

Did you get this sorted I wonder - I have exactly the same problem with my Easynote - if you could let me know what the problem / solution was that would be great.

Thanks in advance