Battery life Easynote F7305

The machine is about 6 months old, when running on battery it will die
after about 8 minutes use. There is no warning and the battery power
indicates over 70pc life left. I have looked at the battery management
and nothing unusual there.
I have tried draining the battery and then fully charging but this
changes nothing. Is it the battery at fault or am I missing something
here.

Many thanks
Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about battery life easynote f7305
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Assuming that you have almost 100% capacity after a charge then 70% after 8
    minutes seems to be a great drop although not totally abnormal.
    I am familar with Gateway systems that have a battery optimizer utility.

    I see none or have found none for your system

    You do not have unit set to go into hiberantion and or it does
    not occur when on power pack?

    I honestly do not know if this is availale on your system
    "Bob" <w_w_wdot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The machine is about 6 months old, when running on battery it will die
    > after about 8 minutes use. There is no warning and the battery power
    > indicates over 70pc life left. I have looked at the battery management
    > and nothing unusual there.
    > I have tried draining the battery and then fully charging but this
    > changes nothing. Is it the battery at fault or am I missing something
    > here.
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Bob

  2. Hi there Bob

    Did you get this sorted I wonder - I have exactly the same problem with my Easynote - if you could let me know what the problem / solution was that would be great.

    Thanks in advance

Packard Bell Battery Easynote Computers