laptop

i am a truck driver with a laptop but when i am on the road it will not connect to the internet.when i am at home it works fine.what am i doing wrong?

Contact your ISP on how to connect when on the road.
You don't state how you are trying to connect...modem, NIC card, or
wireless.
You don't state who your ISP is.
Without sufficient information, you will not get an answer.

Bobby

"stillrambling2004" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am a truck driver with a laptop but when i am on the road it will not
>connect to the internet.when i am at home it works fine.what am i doing
>wrong?

papa

You must be within range of an internet access point before your laptop can
access the internet. At home you obviously are. On the road your are miles
from an access point. Some truck stops offer internet access for a fee.

I am not familiar with the use of cell phones for internet access, but
possibly a connection may be made to the internet through them. Check with
your cell phone company.