Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

how to set screen position?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 7, 2004 10:36:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
have tried everything I can think of and no luck.
Changing the desktop screen resolution does nothing, since the upper
left hand corner of my Tv window is still out of view. Without trying
to figure out how it got that way, is there some control that will let
me reposition the tv window (NON-Maximized) when the title bar itself
is above the desktop and out of view? at wit's end, littleberry

More about : set screen position

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 2:50:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Use the controls on the monitor to reduce the size of the window to fit your
screen.

"Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
news:bd00fe19.0410071736.b4bb8a3@posting.google.com...
> SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
> repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
> the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
> That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
> different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
> desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
> have tried everything I can think of and no luck.
> Changing the desktop screen resolution does nothing, since the upper
> left hand corner of my Tv window is still out of view. Without trying
> to figure out how it got that way, is there some control that will let
> me reposition the tv window (NON-Maximized) when the title bar itself
> is above the desktop and out of view? at wit's end, littleberry
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 4:14:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
news:bd00fe19.0410071736.b4bb8a3@posting.google.com...
> SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
> repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
> the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
> That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
> different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
> desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
> have tried everything I can think of and no luck.

It sound slike you want to click on the title bar and drag it, but you can't
see the title bar. Well help is at hand!

Do Alt+Space and then M fore move. This brings up the 4 headed arrow and you
can move the window with the cursor keys.

If this doesn't fix the problem, then sorry for the WOB.

Brad Houser
Related resources
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:26:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
news:bd00fe19.0410071736.b4bb8a3@posting.google.com...
> SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
> repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
> the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
> That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
> different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
> desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
> have tried everything I can think of and no luck.
> Changing the desktop screen resolution does nothing, since the upper
> left hand corner of my Tv window is still out of view. Without trying
> to figure out how it got that way, is there some control that will let
> me reposition the tv window (NON-Maximized) when the title bar itself
> is above the desktop and out of view? at wit's end, littleberry

Have you enabled some sort of dual view or something?
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 1:28:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On 7 Oct 2004 18:36:09 -0700, davsf@neto.com (Littleberry) wrote:

>SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
>repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
>the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
>That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
>different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
>desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
>have tried everything I can think of and no luck.
>Changing the desktop screen resolution does nothing, since the upper
>left hand corner of my Tv window is still out of view. Without trying
>to figure out how it got that way, is there some control that will let
>me reposition the tv window (NON-Maximized) when the title bar itself
>is above the desktop and out of view? at wit's end, littleberry

It happen to me to. i had to figure out that i was using the wrong resolution screen
that meen that my monitor wasn't able to get higher than 1024x768. Going over the OS system driver
(the default one) will do that behavior. The alternative would be to navigate thru the screen by
using the wheel mouse knob, holding it and moving it.

I don't have the TV-wonder on my system but the case is related to that problem i think...
October 12, 2004 5:40:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

RonK, The screen of the monitor is actually smaller than the picture
tube, as I can see a black border all around it. The problem is that
the position of the windows 2000 active window for the TV-Wonder
window (non-maximized) has somehow been set to be outside the
permissable pixel range. I suspect the upper left-hand corner of the
initial window has been reset somewhere to be negative both in the
horizonatl and veritcal values (where it should be 0,0, if I wanted
the upper left hand corner to be the upper left hand corner of the
screen's active monitor araa (just inside the black border). I was
thinking that the initial position of the active window was kept in an
INI file somewhere and I could edit it in text mode, but, I can't find
any such file.
Littleberry

"RonK" <hereiam@homenow.com> wrote in message news:<Rdn9d.33389$HO1.1456920@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Use the controls on the monitor to reduce the size of the window to fit your
> screen.
>
> "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
> news:bd00fe19.0410071736.b4bb8a3@posting.google.com...
> > SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
> > repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
> > the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
> > That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
> > different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
> > desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
> > have tried everything I can think of and no luck.
> > Changing the desktop screen resolution does nothing, since the upper
> > left hand corner of my Tv window is still out of view. Without trying
> > to figure out how it got that way, is there some control that will let
> > me reposition the tv window (NON-Maximized) when the title bar itself
> > is above the desktop and out of view? at wit's end, littleberry
October 12, 2004 6:06:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Brad,
The bad news is that the ALT-Space control does not work on the
TV-Wonder's direct draw window (I did see that it works like you say
on other non-direct-draw windows, such as explorer, notepad, etc.).
However, the good news is that I stumbled onto a way that works. It
turns out that the tv-window has a tan border all the way around it,
but it it fatter on the top part where your ordinarily expect to be
able to move the whole window around from. But if you can position
your mouse anywhere on this tan border (it is tricky every else but
the top because the border is real skinny), you get the cross-hairs
indicating that you can re-position the whole tv-window, and that
works fine.
Problem solved. Littleberry



"Brad Houser" <bradDOThouser@intel.com> wrote in message news:<ck6ouj$dmt$1@news01.intel.com>...
> "Littleberry" <davsf@neto.com> wrote in message
> news:bd00fe19.0410071736.b4bb8a3@posting.google.com...
> > SOMEHOW (???) the upper left hand corner of my TV-WONDER ATI card got
> > repositioned to above and to the left of the screen (that would mean
> > the upper left hand coordinates are both negative and out of view).
> > That means I cannot grab the title bar and MOVE the screen to a
> > different place on the desktop, because the title bar is above the
> > desktop and out of view. I have no idea how it got that way, but, I
> > have tried everything I can think of and no luck.
>
> It sound slike you want to click on the title bar and drag it, but you can't
> see the title bar. Well help is at hand!
>
> Do Alt+Space and then M fore move. This brings up the 4 headed arrow and you
> can move the window with the cursor keys.
>
> If this doesn't fix the problem, then sorry for the WOB.
>
> Brad Houser
!