cat 4.9's and fastwrite settings

They should be in the gart settings right ?

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:52:31 +0800, "Fuzzy Wuzzy" <f@f.com> wrote:

>Where'd they go ?

geoff

Avid Gamer wrote:
> They should be in the gart settings right ?
>

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:52:31 +0800, "Fuzzy Wuzzy" <f@f.com> wrote:
>
>> Where'd they go ?

yup, fast write settings is still under smartgart tab

"Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Avid Gamer wrote:
> > They should be in the gart settings right ?
> >

> > On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:52:31 +0800, "Fuzzy Wuzzy" <f@f.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Where'd they go ?
>
> yup, fast write settings is still under smartgart tab

it seems to have disappeared ...

mark

You wrote in
news:41673e31$0$1266$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au thusly:

> "Geoff" <fooooooool@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Avid Gamer wrote:
>> > They should be in the gart settings right ?

>> yup, fast write settings is still under smartgart tab
>>

> it seems to have disappeared ...

The SmartGART tab is broken in the OCP version of the Cat 4.9 drivers.
Which means that the Fast Write setting is on by default and can not be
turned off.

--

Mark

This would be stupid. FW doesn't bring any benefits but may cause
instability...

"Mark" <Mark@nolocation!.com> wrote in message

> The SmartGART tab is broken in the OCP version of the Cat 4.9 drivers.
> Which means that the Fast Write setting is on by default and can not be
> turned off.
>
> --
>
> Mark

"Mark" <Mark@nolocation!.com> wrote >
> The SmartGART tab is broken in the OCP version of the Cat 4.9 drivers.
> Which means that the Fast Write setting is on by default and can not be
> turned off.

In BIOS it can.
Then its OFF in Windows.

Martin.

mark

You wrote in news:dKmdnfSeB-zWOvfcRVn-uQ@rogers.com thusly:

>> The SmartGART tab is broken in the OCP version of the Cat 4.9
>> drivers. Which means that the Fast Write setting is on by default and
>> can not be turned off.
>
> This would be stupid. FW doesn't bring any benefits but may cause
> instability...

I know, but apparently ATI didn't feel it necessary to offer the
SmartGART tab (where the option was located) or move the option to an
available tab. Haven't installed Cat v4.10, so can't comment on that
version.

--

Mark

mark

You wrote in news:416b0e88$0$225$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk thusly:

> "Mark" <Mark@nolocation!.com> wrote >
>> The SmartGART tab is broken in the OCP version of the Cat 4.9
>> drivers. Which means that the Fast Write setting is on by default and
>> can not be turned off.
>
> In BIOS it can. Then its OFF in Windows.

I suppose that depends on the BIOS. I don't such an option for the ASUS
P4C800-E Deluxe.

--

Mark