Playtest: DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha

Hi All

Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
The schedule is next weekend from 11 PM GMT +1
Max 8 players
Actually to few for this huge map, but more will be too many for my adsl
(256k upload)
More details (and pics) to follow

You can either get the map directly from the server
I can also get a placec or two to stash the file
Extra models etc will be included in the map
Current size 5.5 Mb

Overall layout is in place
No teleporters
Some places (hallways etc) is a bit rough (very)
Problems with ladders, probably going to change these
Current fps is ~ 60 in large areas, about the same fps as dm_lockdown has on
my box

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
    >
    > - Peter

    Me me me me!!!!
    McG. :)

    Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

    > Hi All
    >
    > Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
    > The schedule is next weekend from 11 PM GMT +1
    > Max 8 players
    > Actually to few for this huge map, but more will be too many for my adsl
    > (256k upload)
    > More details (and pics) to follow
    >
    > You can either get the map directly from the server
    > I can also get a placec or two to stash the file
    > Extra models etc will be included in the map
    > Current size 5.5 Mb
    >
    > Overall layout is in place
    > No teleporters
    > Some places (hallways etc) is a bit rough (very)
    > Problems with ladders, probably going to change these
    > Current fps is ~ 60 in large areas, about the same fps as dm_lockdown has on
    > my box

    Peter go host the map on my hosting www.stri.tk. I might be able to make
    it myself, finish 11pm Saturday and Sunday.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
    another couple of minutes."

    "Strider" wrote

    > Peter go host the map on my hosting www.stri.tk.

    I know, thanx
    It'll be a little tight

    > I might be able to make it myself, finish 11pm Saturday and Sunday.

    Ok, I'll probably leave the server on over night

    We can initiate a discussion in AGHL.edititng :-)

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

    > I know, thanx
    > It'll be a little tight

    How so?

    --

    In article <352q52F4gilj3U1@individual.net>, Peter Lykkegaard
    <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
    > The schedule is next weekend from 11 PM GMT +1

    Is that Saturday or Sunday?

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    "Strider" wrote
    > Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...
    >
    >> It'll be a little tight
    >
    > How so?

    The schedule
    I have a few jobrelated tasks bugging me :-)

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

    > The schedule
    > I have a few jobrelated tasks bugging me :-)

    Oh I see. Well remember, if you leave uploading it too late then we wont
    be able to download it so maybe it would make more sense to postpone it
    for another week. Or at least give me a deadline as to when it will be
    uploaded?

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
    another couple of minutes."

    "Neil Jones" wrote

    > Is that Saturday or Sunday?

    Sorry Saturday
    If ayone interested I can have this running Sunday about the same time
    It' just an alpha release :-)

    Basically how it plays

    - Peter

    "Strider" wrote

    > Oh I see. Well remember, if you leave uploading it too late then we wont
    > be able to download it so maybe it would make more sense to postpone it
    > for another week.

    Yep, you're quite right
    Let's see how it goes this evening

    I need to add weapons/health/charger according to the old map
    Maybe change one ladder to a new approach
    HL2DM ladders is from one point to another getting off in between is
    manageable, but getting on is a pain and not doable unless under very
    specific conditions - eg how the ladder is approached in game etc

    > Or at least give me a deadline as to when it will be
    > uploaded?

    Wednesday evening (late)
    You have Thursday to fix the download and we have Friday to get the darn
    thing
    I will also add the to the THWL map vault and Snarkpit to get responses
    Direct links will be send to the NG
    If everything fails you can still get it from the two "review" sites

    - Peter

    > --
    > AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    > Homepage: stri.tk
    >
    > "My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
    > another couple of minutes."

    Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

    > Wednesday evening (late)
    > You have Thursday to fix the download and we have Friday to get the darn
    > thing
    > I will also add the to the THWL map vault and Snarkpit to get responses
    > Direct links will be send to the NG
    > If everything fails you can still get it from the two "review" sites

    Ok mate, just so you know this is where you need to go to upload it:

    http://strider.clansites.com/upload.php

    In addition post somewhere on the site to notify me you've posted the
    upload, forum, chatbox, something like that. Ta.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
    another couple of minutes."

    "Strider" wrote

    > In addition post somewhere on the site to notify me you've posted the
    > upload, forum, chatbox, something like that. Ta.

    Uploading map
    Still needs a lot of work - LOL

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

    > Uploading map
    > Still needs a lot of work - LOL

    How large is the file after being zipped?

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
    another couple of minutes."

Games Video Games