Playtest: DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2005 1:48:11 AM

Hi All

Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
The schedule is next weekend from 11 PM GMT +1
Max 8 players
Actually to few for this huge map, but more will be too many for my adsl
(256k upload)
More details (and pics) to follow

You can either get the map directly from the server
I can also get a placec or two to stash the file
Extra models etc will be included in the map
Current size 5.5 Mb

Overall layout is in place
No teleporters
Some places (hallways etc) is a bit rough (very)
Problems with ladders, probably going to change these
Current fps is ~ 60 in large areas, about the same fps as dm_lockdown has on
my box

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

"Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
>
> - Peter

Me me me me!!!!
McG. :)
January 18, 2005 12:27:56 PM

Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

> Hi All
>
> Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
> The schedule is next weekend from 11 PM GMT +1
> Max 8 players
> Actually to few for this huge map, but more will be too many for my adsl
> (256k upload)
> More details (and pics) to follow
>
> You can either get the map directly from the server
> I can also get a placec or two to stash the file
> Extra models etc will be included in the map
> Current size 5.5 Mb
>
> Overall layout is in place
> No teleporters
> Some places (hallways etc) is a bit rough (very)
> Problems with ladders, probably going to change these
> Current fps is ~ 60 in large areas, about the same fps as dm_lockdown has on
> my box

Peter go host the map on my hosting www.stri.tk. I might be able to make
it myself, finish 11pm Saturday and Sunday.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
another couple of minutes."
January 18, 2005 1:58:52 PM

"Strider" wrote

> Peter go host the map on my hosting www.stri.tk.

I know, thanx
It'll be a little tight

> I might be able to make it myself, finish 11pm Saturday and Sunday.

Ok, I'll probably leave the server on over night

We can initiate a discussion in AGHL.edititng :-)

- Peter
January 18, 2005 1:58:53 PM

Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

> I know, thanx
> It'll be a little tight

How so?

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
another couple of minutes."
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 2:55:52 PM

In article <352q52F4gilj3U1@individual.net>, Peter Lykkegaard
<polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Anyone interested in a playtest of my DM_Gasworks_AGHL_alpha map?
> The schedule is next weekend from 11 PM GMT +1

Is that Saturday or Sunday?

___
Neil
AKA HighVis
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:23:48 PM

"Strider" wrote
> Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...
>
>> It'll be a little tight
>
> How so?

The schedule
I have a few jobrelated tasks bugging me :-)

- Peter
January 18, 2005 4:23:49 PM

Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

> The schedule
> I have a few jobrelated tasks bugging me :-)

Oh I see. Well remember, if you leave uploading it too late then we wont
be able to download it so maybe it would make more sense to postpone it
for another week. Or at least give me a deadline as to when it will be
uploaded?

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
another couple of minutes."
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:25:39 PM

"Neil Jones" wrote

> Is that Saturday or Sunday?

Sorry Saturday
If ayone interested I can have this running Sunday about the same time
It' just an alpha release :-)

Basically how it plays

- Peter
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:43:14 PM

"Strider" wrote

> Oh I see. Well remember, if you leave uploading it too late then we wont
> be able to download it so maybe it would make more sense to postpone it
> for another week.

Yep, you're quite right
Let's see how it goes this evening

I need to add weapons/health/charger according to the old map
Maybe change one ladder to a new approach
HL2DM ladders is from one point to another getting off in between is
manageable, but getting on is a pain and not doable unless under very
specific conditions - eg how the ladder is approached in game etc

> Or at least give me a deadline as to when it will be
> uploaded?

Wednesday evening (late)
You have Thursday to fix the download and we have Friday to get the darn
thing
I will also add the to the THWL map vault and Snarkpit to get responses
Direct links will be send to the NG
If everything fails you can still get it from the two "review" sites

- Peter

> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
> another couple of minutes."
January 19, 2005 3:22:21 AM

Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

> Wednesday evening (late)
> You have Thursday to fix the download and we have Friday to get the darn
> thing
> I will also add the to the THWL map vault and Snarkpit to get responses
> Direct links will be send to the NG
> If everything fails you can still get it from the two "review" sites

Ok mate, just so you know this is where you need to go to upload it:

http://strider.clansites.com/upload.php

In addition post somewhere on the site to notify me you've posted the
upload, forum, chatbox, something like that. Ta.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for
another couple of minutes."
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 5:20:23 AM

"Strider" wrote

> In addition post somewhere on the site to notify me you've posted the
> upload, forum, chatbox, something like that. Ta.

Uploading map
Still needs a lot of work - LOL

- Peter
January 20, 2005 5:20:24 AM

Peter Lykkegaard proclaimed...

> Uploading map
> Still needs a lot of work - LOL

How large is the file after being zipped?

--

!