Is my Radeon video card toast? (NTSC bios error)

Hi all,

I'm sitting at my desk typing away and then the screen goes black for
a second and up pops an error msg.

RAGE6 P/N 113-73701-101 AIW
Samsung/Micron DDR without DLL NTSC BIOS

Does this mean the DDR memory on my video card has gone south on me?

This is one of the first Radeon AIW cards, which I bought a couple of
years ago (if memory strikes me correctly).

I saw one other person post this error in this group about 3 years
ago, but he didn't get any responses, nor was there an email to write
to. Hoping someone can give me some input before I go to the local
shop to buy a new card!

Rober(having to use 30 min. segments at the library :-( )

shawk

"Robert Marshall" <robertjm@hockeyhockeyhockey.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sitting at my desk typing away and then the screen goes black for
> a second and up pops an error msg.
>
> RAGE6 P/N 113-73701-101 AIW
> Samsung/Micron DDR without DLL NTSC BIOS
>
> Does this mean the DDR memory on my video card has gone south on me?
>
> This is one of the first Radeon AIW cards, which I bought a couple of
> years ago (if memory strikes me correctly).
>
> I saw one other person post this error in this group about 3 years
> ago, but he didn't get any responses, nor was there an email to write
> to. Hoping someone can give me some input before I go to the local
> shop to buy a new card!
>
> Rober(having to use 30 min. segments at the library :-( )

That isnt an error message that's a BIOS ID. Is it an AIW 7200 or similar?

Try a graphic card BIOS site - just had a quick look for you (using the
above ID) and came up with http://halentech.czweb.org/biosy/biosy_main.htm

Unforunately it's not an English site so you need to look for similar.
Google with 'ATI BIOS' and you should find a number of sites and, hopefully,
an expert.

Sorry cant help further - dont know sod all about these cards BIOS.

PS - this doesnt mean the DDR memory HASN'T gone South on you :-( Shaun

Thanks for the help!

I'll check those out. However, I'm leaning towards an issue with the
AGP slot on the motherboard now because a replacement card a friend
loaned me didn't work at all, and now the computer won't even give me
any BIOS beeps at the beginning. Even on the old card when I put it
back in.

And I checked the old card in a different computer and it seems to
work OK.

ARGH!! Now to deal with the motherboard people (Elitegroup).

Robert