connecting to novell network using xp professional

I am connecting to a novell network with client for netware. However this
disables my friendly log on screen and fast user switching. Is there away
around this or a different network client that does not disable the friendly
log on screen.
2 answers Last reply
More about connecting novell network professional

    The Fast User Switching Feature is only available if the computer is
    not a member of a Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 2000, or
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 domain, and you are not using a
    third-party product that replaces the Microsoft Graphical Identification
    and Authentication file (Msgina.dll).

    A Discussion About the Availability of the Fast User Switching Feature
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294739

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Monk wrote:
    > I am connecting to a novell network with client for netware. However this
    > disables my friendly log on screen and fast user switching.

    Correct. This behavior is by design; both the Welcome screen and Fast
    User Switching are contrary to basic network security paradigms.

    > Is there away
    > around this or a different network client that does not disable the friendly
    > log on screen.

    Not that I know of, and no network administrator worth his salary would
    allow such a potential security compromise anywhere near his network.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm