connecting to novell network using xp professional

monk

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

I am connecting to a novell network with client for netware. However this
disables my friendly log on screen and fast user switching. Is there away
around this or a different network client that does not disable the friendly
log on screen.

The Fast User Switching Feature is only available if the computer is
not a member of a Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 2000, or
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 domain, and you are not using a
third-party product that replaces the Microsoft Graphical Identification
and Authentication file (Msgina.dll).

A Discussion About the Availability of the Fast User Switching Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294739

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Monk wrote:
> I am connecting to a novell network with client for netware. However this
> disables my friendly log on screen and fast user switching.

Correct. This behavior is by design; both the Welcome screen and Fast
User Switching are contrary to basic network security paradigms.

> Is there away
> around this or a different network client that does not disable the friendly
> log on screen.

Not that I know of, and no network administrator worth his salary would
allow such a potential security compromise anywhere near his network.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm