My Desktop has a POP-UP Ad as my background

I've tried SpyBot,Ad-Aware,CW Shredder and Spy Subtract to try and remove
this Pop-up warning ad.Also, ran Panda Antivirus and EZ Trust Antivirus - but
no luck.
My entire background on my desktop changed to black and the ad is right in
the middle.
The ad says," Warning! Your computer is at Risk.
No Spyware Protection program could be found on your computer.Click Here to
Select a Program."
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove this problem?
I try to right click on the desktop to go to properties, but all I get is a
General display tab that reads File: HTML Doucment
Thanks for any help,
Al
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop background

    You can try the following:

    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Display.
    Click on the Desktop tab.
    Click on "Customize Desktop".
    Click on the Web tab.
    In the "Web pages" box, highlight the entry you want to remove
    and click on the Delete button.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've tried SpyBot,Ad-Aware,CW Shredder and Spy Subtract to try
    > and remove
    > this Pop-up warning ad.Also, ran Panda Antivirus and EZ Trust
    > Antivirus - but
    > no luck.
    > My entire background on my desktop changed to black and the ad
    > is right in
    > the middle.
    > The ad says," Warning! Your computer is at Risk.
    > No Spyware Protection program could be found on your
    > computer.Click Here to
    > Select a Program."
    > Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove this
    > problem?
    > I try to right click on the desktop to go to properties, but
    > all I get is a
    > General display tab that reads File: HTML Doucment
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Al

Desktops Antivirus Windows XP