2xLCD/CRT & TV not possible on X800, X600, X300, 9800,,960..

Hi everyone!

According to a Field Application Engineer of Tul Corporation (they make
the PowerColor graphics cards), it is NOT possible recommended to have a
LCD/CRT connected to the 2nd LCD/CRT connection while using the TV-out
because they use the same circuit on X800, X600, X300, 9800,,9600, and
9200 series chips from ATI.

Is this true??

I currently have a ASUS GeForce Ti4400 and there it works fine. It would
be quite a step back (and for me a reason not to purchase an ATI-board)
if it's no longer possible to connect 2 CRT's & a TV at the same time...
:-/

Regards,
Evert Meulie

It's my understanding that you can't *display* from all three outputs
at one time - you can have them all plugged in, but need to switch
between the two you want to display. All video cards except the
Maxtrox Parhelia only have two RAMDAC channels, so they can only
display two video outputs.

Are you able to show images on all three of your Ti4400 outputs at one
time? If so, you get the same display on two of the screens (Monitor2
and TV), right?

The ATI driver has buttons to turn your outputs on or off. I haven't
tried 3 hookups or turning all three on, but I can see why it wouldn't
be "recommended", even if possible.

Hope that helps,
Eric Sanders