Task Manager not working

Due to a virus or an spyware I have an disabled Task Manager. I run antivirus
and antispyware program and it removed a lot of infected files. The Task
Manager program is in the disk. When I try to run it directly an Text Box
with the message "The task manager was disabled by your administrator",
appears. I tried to access all administrative tools without finding one that
enables the Task Manager. I tried to find information regarding the
enable/disable of Task Manager but only basic information is found.
I will appreciate help from anyone that knows something about.

Regards
3 answers Last reply
More about task manager working

    In news:469560D5-411C-4DF1-BF7F-F5A30885E875@microsoft.com,
    omp <omp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Due to a virus or an spyware I have an disabled Task Manager. I run
    > antivirus and antispyware program and it removed a lot of infected
    > files. The Task Manager program is in the disk. When I try to run it
    > directly an Text Box with the message "The task manager was disabled
    > by your administrator", appears. I tried to access all administrative
    > tools without finding one that enables the Task Manager. I tried to
    > find information regarding the enable/disable of Task Manager but
    > only basic information is found.
    > I will appreciate help from anyone that knows something about.
    >
    > Regards

    Try this from Kelly:

    Line 51 on the right hand side.

    Galen

    Your suggestion seem to be working fine, at least up to now. Thank you very
    much.

    Regards

    In news:CF8CD191-F82B-4643-97AE-A0CF553A46FD@microsoft.com,
    omp <omp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Your suggestion seem to be working fine, at least up to now. Thank
    > you very much.
    >
    > Regards

    No problem and thanks for letting us know that it worked.

    Galen

Security Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP