Task Manager not working

a b 8 Security
April 2, 2005 1:35:03 PM

Due to a virus or an spyware I have an disabled Task Manager. I run antivirus
and antispyware program and it removed a lot of infected files. The Task
Manager program is in the disk. When I try to run it directly an Text Box
with the message "The task manager was disabled by your administrator",
appears. I tried to access all administrative tools without finding one that
enables the Task Manager. I tried to find information regarding the
enable/disable of Task Manager but only basic information is found.
I will appreciate help from anyone that knows something about.

Regards

More about : task manager working

April 2, 2005 4:56:40 PM

In news:469560D5-411C-4DF1-BF7F-F5A30885E875@microsoft.com,
omp <omp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Due to a virus or an spyware I have an disabled Task Manager. I run
> antivirus and antispyware program and it removed a lot of infected
> files. The Task Manager program is in the disk. When I try to run it
> directly an Text Box with the message "The task manager was disabled
> by your administrator", appears. I tried to access all administrative
> tools without finding one that enables the Task Manager. I tried to
> find information regarding the enable/disable of Task Manager but
> only basic information is found.
> I will appreciate help from anyone that knows something about.
>
> Regards

Try this from Kelly:

Line 51 on the right hand side.

Galen
a b 8 Security
April 4, 2005 9:21:02 PM

Your suggestion seem to be working fine, at least up to now. Thank you very
much.

Regards

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:469560D5-411C-4DF1-BF7F-F5A30885E875@microsoft.com,
> omp <omp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Due to a virus or an spyware I have an disabled Task Manager. I run
> > antivirus and antispyware program and it removed a lot of infected
> > files. The Task Manager program is in the disk. When I try to run it
> > directly an Text Box with the message "The task manager was disabled
> > by your administrator", appears. I tried to access all administrative
> > tools without finding one that enables the Task Manager. I tried to
> > find information regarding the enable/disable of Task Manager but
> > only basic information is found.
> > I will appreciate help from anyone that knows something about.
> >
> > Regards
>
> Try this from Kelly:

> Line 51 on the right hand side.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

April 5, 2005 1:41:55 AM

In news:CF8CD191-F82B-4643-97AE-A0CF553A46FD@microsoft.com,
omp <omp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Your suggestion seem to be working fine, at least up to now. Thank
> you very much.
>
> Regards

No problem and thanks for letting us know that it worked.

Galen