What is the HL2 update today?
Took 9 minutes to download (at 768)
But not mention in the "Update news"

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> What is the HL2 update today?
> Took 9 minutes to download (at 768)
> But not mention in the "Update news"

no HL2 update AFAIK, it was for CS:S, added the turtle rock studios CS:S
bots.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Ben Cottrell skrev:

> no HL2 update AFAIK, it was for CS:S, added the turtle rock studios CS:S
> bots.

Got that one too... But before that I got a HL2 update as well :-/

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

On 1/17/2005 6:03 PM Lars-Erik Østerud brightened our day with:

>Ben Cottrell skrev:
>

>>no HL2 update AFAIK, it was for CS:S, added the turtle rock studios CS:S
>>bots.
>>

>Got that one too... But before that I got a HL2 update as well :-/

This was in the CS:S "Update News":

Optimization to the way that dynamic props are checked. On higher end
CPUs, this can result in more than a 5% total frame rate increase.

That sounds like something that could apply to HL2 as well. Just a guess.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
> Ben Cottrell skrev:
>
>> no HL2 update AFAIK, it was for CS:S, added the turtle rock studios
>> CS:S bots.
>
> Got that one too... But before that I got a HL2 update as well :-/

So did I, a smallish one, but never saw anything that said what it was.
CS:S is almost finished updating now.

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 1/17/2005 6:03 PM Lars-Erik Østerud brightened our day with:
>
> >Ben Cottrell skrev:
> >

> >>no HL2 update AFAIK, it was for CS:S, added the turtle rock studios CS:S
> >>bots.
> >>

> >Got that one too... But before that I got a HL2 update as well :-/
> >

> This was in the CS:S "Update News":
>
> Optimization to the way that dynamic props are checked. On higher end
> CPUs, this can result in more than a 5% total frame rate increase.
>
> That sounds like something that could apply to HL2 as well. Just a guess.

There were some changes made to the Source Engine, which means that HL2 was
updated by proxy.

Andrew

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:02:11 +0000, Ben Cottrell
<bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

>no HL2 update AFAIK, it was for CS:S, added the turtle rock studios CS:S
>bots.

Gotta love shooting the beanie babies in de-tides :)