Changed domain to workgroup - cannot logon as local Admin...

a b 8 Security
April 2, 2005 11:54:55 PM

Hi all,

Just changed from domain to workgroup on my laptop. It asked for user
credentials to confirm. Entered local admin as 'Administrator' and its
password. XP took the info and asked to reboot, so I assume it took the
password just fine. Rebooted and attempted to logon as a local admin but no
matter what I try, it says "The system could not log you on. Make sure your
user name and domain are correct, ...".

I've done this sort of thing before but this is the first time I'm stuck
like this. I'd greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.
--
Sergey
April 3, 2005 12:21:39 AM

Forgot to mention that the problem is on XP Pro SP2. Thanks.
--
Sergey
April 3, 2005 4:21:22 AM

Looks like I locked local Administrator's account on reboot trying to
remember the password. Had to reset it using an online tool that's been
referenced by some of the MVP's on this n/group. I'm back in business!
--
Sergey
!