Lost Administrator Password

I have widows XP Professional and have been using the family account so long
that now when I want to get into administrator...I'm not coming up with the
correct password...it has the blue screen with the user box...thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about lost administrator password

    hi

    check out this link

    ttp://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    thanks

    senthil

    paw wrote:
    > I have widows XP Professional and have been using the family account
    > so long that now when I want to get into administrator...I'm not
    > coming up with the correct password...it has the blue screen with the
    > user box...thanks

    You may be able to change the Administrator user's password in Windows. Try
    the:

    Start --> Run
    control userpasswords2
    OK.

    method and highlight the "Administrator" user and click on the "reset
    password" button and reset the password there.

    If worse comes to worse, you can indeed "hack" the administrators password
    using one of the many methods of doing so on the Internet.

    Hack your password:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    Another Password Hack:
    http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html