Forgotten administrator password

I've been using the family logon so long that now I have forgotten the
administrator password and I don't have a backup disk with it on...I have
Windows XP professional...thanks

Malke

paw wrote:

> I've been using the family logon so long that now I have forgotten the
> administrator password and I don't have a backup disk with it on...I
> have Windows XP professional...thanks

If any of the other accounts on the system have administrative
privileges, you can change the Administrator password from the User
Accounts applet. Otherwise, get NTpasswd and change the Administrator
password to a blank. Then once in, change it to something you will
remember.

This is very easy to use - just make sure you read the How-To.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

My mom is in the same boat, probably because of me. I purchased their
computer and set it up (XP Pro SP2). They are administrators, but
they cannot get into the safe-mode administrator account because no one
remembers who setup the administator password or what it is.

Are you saying that since they are administators, they should be able
to just change the administrator password in the password applet?

Cyberdude