5.1 Sound Problem - Only on HL2

I've Googled to see if I can get any help on this before posting but I
can't!

I have a Creative 5.1 Live card with the most upto date drivers I can find
and I get 5.1 on Doom 3, Far Cry, etc. but on HL2 I have to have 2 Speaker
set up or I get no sound.

I've seen a few posts about Nvidia 5.1 probs and also with Realtek onboard
sound issues but this is a Creative card.

Any ideas most welcome.

Setup -

AMD 3200
1Gb RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro
Creative 5.1 Live

--
Cheers

Kev
XBL GT- bigbaldkev

"bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> I've Googled to see if I can get any help on this before posting but I
> can't!
>
> I have a Creative 5.1 Live card with the most upto date drivers I can find
> and I get 5.1 on Doom 3, Far Cry, etc. but on HL2 I have to have 2 Speaker
> set up or I get no sound.
>
> I've seen a few posts about Nvidia 5.1 probs and also with Realtek onboard
> sound issues but this is a Creative card.
>
> Any ideas most welcome.
>
> Setup -
>
> AMD 3200
> 1Gb RAM
> Radeon 9800 Pro
> Creative 5.1 Live
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> Kev
> XBL GT- bigbaldkev

Solved it myself! As I said I had the most up to date drivers I could find,
but I found some more, so I'm all 5.1'd up.

--
Cheers

Kev
XBL GT- bigbaldkev

>> AMD 3200
>> 1Gb RAM
>> Radeon 9800 Pro
>> Creative 5.1 Live
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>>
>> Kev
>> XBL GT- bigbaldkev
>

> Solved it myself! As I said I had the most up to date drivers I could
> find, but I found some more, so I'm all 5.1'd up.

can you post a link for these drivers cos have the same problem. T.I.A.

bigbaldkev wrote:
> Solved it myself! As I said I had the most up to date drivers I could find,
> but I found some more, so I'm all 5.1'd up.

I also have this problem, where did you get those drivers?

"H" <H@i.a> wrote in message news:wLcHd.1675$VR2.1303@amstwist00...
> bigbaldkev wrote:
>> Solved it myself! As I said I had the most up to date drivers I could
>> find, but I found some more, so I'm all 5.1'd up.
>>

> I also have this problem, where did you get those drivers?

This site is mainly French but you'll get the gist of it!

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/sblive-audigy.htm

--
Cheers

Kev
XBL GT- bigbaldkev

Found them!

Went to:
http://www.soundblaster.com/drivers/
Chose country; soundblaster; Live!

And my 5.1 speakers works like a charm in HL2!!!

Kudos to the thread starter for getting me in the right direction.

bigbaldkev wrote:
> I've Googled to see if I can get any help on this before posting but I
> can't!
>
> I have a Creative 5.1 Live card with the most upto date drivers I can find
> and I get 5.1 on Doom 3, Far Cry, etc. but on HL2 I have to have 2 Speaker
> set up or I get no sound.

I had this problem on my SBLive 5.1 card & MSI Athlon XP system. I did
have the latest drivers too (they're like three years old - Creative's
typically minimal effort). They worked fine in DXIW and Thief Deadly
Shadows, two other very recent games.

I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers.
After that the sound worked fine in HL2. Go figure...

-dreq

On 1/26/2005 5:26 AM Derek Mark Edding brightened our day with:

> bigbaldkev wrote:
>
>> I've Googled to see if I can get any help on this before posting but
>> I can't!
>>
>> I have a Creative 5.1 Live card with the most upto date drivers I can
>> find and I get 5.1 on Doom 3, Far Cry, etc. but on HL2 I have to have
>> 2 Speaker set up or I get no sound.
>

> I had this problem on my SBLive 5.1 card & MSI Athlon XP system. I
> did have the latest drivers too (they're like three years old -
> Creative's typically minimal effort). They worked fine in DXIW and
> Thief Deadly Shadows, two other very recent games.
>
> I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the sound
> drivers. After that the sound worked fine in HL2. Go figure...
>
> -dreq

This happens to me a lot with creative drivers. Seems like I reinstall
them every couple of months because something gets whacked.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

TRENDING THREADS