Charging the Battery

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 29, 2004 11:35:02 AM

Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
this more-- Thanks

More about : charging battery

Anonymous
March 29, 2004 5:48:41 PM

"Oncler" <arlo22aNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
> before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
> this more-- Thanks

I don't know this particular camera, but generally a charger will turn
itself off at the end of the charge cycle.
March 30, 2004 1:11:42 AM

You might have a problem if you forgot about it for a few days. But over
night, probably not

Dan

"Oncler" <arlo22aNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
> before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
> this more-- Thanks

March 30, 2004 2:42:04 AM

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:35:02 -0500, "Oncler" <arlo22aNOSPAM@yahoo.com>
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

depends on the charger. email Canon

>Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
>before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
>this more-- Thanks

**************************************************** sorry

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?
Anonymous
March 31, 2004 11:50:26 PM

Oncler typed:

> Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug
> it before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I
> may do this more-- Thanks

G5 - Is that a separate charger?
How long it takes for the batteries to get full (what specs say)? If this is
a quick charger, e-g- few hours or so, then after set time, switches itself
into standby charging and in this condition you can leave it for days, if
you wish. In fact, depending on charge speed, but if it's very quick,(1 hour
or less), then in this time batteries are not fully charged (because they
get too hot so charger turn off sooner), so you'll get a little more life if
you leave them connected a few hours after charging is finished (or
overnight.).
However, if it's 12, 14 or 18 hours charger, then you can safely leave it
for days, too.
!