Charging the Battery

Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
this more-- Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about charging battery

    "Oncler" <arlo22aNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
    > before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
    > this more-- Thanks

    I don't know this particular camera, but generally a charger will turn
    itself off at the end of the charge cycle.

    You might have a problem if you forgot about it for a few days. But over
    night, probably not

    Dan

    "Oncler" <arlo22aNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
    > before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
    > this more-- Thanks

    On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:35:02 -0500, "Oncler" <arlo22aNOSPAM@yahoo.com>
    vaguely proposed a theory
    .......and in reply I say!:

    depends on the charger. email Canon

    >Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug it
    >before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I may do
    >this more-- Thanks

    **************************************************** sorry

    ..........no I'm not!

    Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?

    Oncler typed:

    > Hi- Plugged in my Canon G5 to charge last night, and forgot to unplug
    > it before I went to bed........will this hurt the battery? If not, I
    > may do this more-- Thanks

    G5 - Is that a separate charger?
    How long it takes for the batteries to get full (what specs say)? If this is
    a quick charger, e-g- few hours or so, then after set time, switches itself
    into standby charging and in this condition you can leave it for days, if
    you wish. In fact, depending on charge speed, but if it's very quick,(1 hour
    or less), then in this time batteries are not fully charged (because they
    get too hot so charger turn off sooner), so you'll get a little more life if
    you leave them connected a few hours after charging is finished (or
    overnight.).
    However, if it's 12, 14 or 18 hours charger, then you can safely leave it
    for days, too.

Cameras Battery Canon Peripherals