Possible Browser Hijack (Browser Modifier) ...

April 4, 2005 7:25:13 AM

... Internet Explorer Start Page (xxxx.xx) .....
is the result after running MS AntiSpyware (Beta1). Removing it, doesn't
clean it really. I am sure this problem is discussed already. What's the
solution to solve the problem which exists since 4 weeks or where I can find
it. Servicepak SP2 is not installed, because of expecting problems after
running the patch. Ad-ware Se Personal, Spybot, NoAdware, McAfee AntiSpyware
doeasn't report the this infect. All AntiSpayware tools are running in latest
update releases. Thanks Alfredo
April 4, 2005 10:17:03 AM

"Prima.Alfredo" wrote:

> .. Internet Explorer Start Page (xxxx.xx) .....
> is the result after running MS AntiSpyware (Beta1). Removing it, doesn't
> clean it really. I am sure this problem is discussed already. What's the
> solution to solve the problem which exists since 4 weeks or where I can find
> it. Servicepak SP2 is not installed, because of expecting problems after
> running the patch. Ad-ware Se Personal, Spybot, NoAdware, McAfee AntiSpyware
> doeasn't report the this infect. All AntiSpayware tools are running in latest
> update releases. Thanks Alfredo

Your post is vague,Did this happen after you scanned with MS Beta? or was it
their before? Did MS Beta show a parasite that it removed and this is the
result,if so what was the name of the parasite?
About Buster- http://www.spychecker.com/program/aboutbuster.html
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 10:31:04 AM

thanks MAP for answering. You can run MS AntiSpyware Beta1 and removing the
indicated parasite named "Possible Browser Hijack (Browser Modifier)" as
often you like. It is always available after next scan. May be, there's a
process in background which starts it again after removing it.

!