Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)
"=?Utf-8?B?T0Q=?=" wrote in
>This Question has been asked in the past but there has not been an answer for
>Does anyone know how to Disable Double clicking on the Start Menu so the
>user can not get into Windows Explorer.
You'd also have to
(2) disable the Windows+E key
(3) disable Windows+R since users can type "explorer"
(4) disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, since users can File >> New Task
(5) disable command prompt since users can Start a folder
(6) find all Explorer shortcuts in menus and remove them
Options 2 thru to 6 are easy - regtickpro does this vey easily.
As for getting access to the CMD prompt, I have a custom made utility for asking you for a case sensitive word for access.
Only problem is, I haven't figured out how to disable the double click on windows start menu.
Anyone have any ideas?