  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
April 4, 2005 11:37:03 AM

This Question has been asked in the past but there has not been an answer for
it.

Does anyone know how to Disable Double clicking on the Start Menu so the
user can not get into Windows Explorer.

More about : disable double click start menu

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 4, 2005 6:31:34 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?T0Q=?=" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin:
>This Question has been asked in the past but there has not been an answer for
>it.
>
>Does anyone know how to Disable Double clicking on the Start Menu so the
>user can not get into Windows Explorer.

You'd also have to

(2) disable the Windows+E key
(3) disable Windows+R since users can type "explorer"
(4) disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, since users can File >> New Task
(5) disable command prompt since users can Start a folder
(6) find all Explorer shortcuts in menus and remove them

The _last_ one's not too hard. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
October 13, 2008 4:39:54 PM

Options 2 thru to 6 are easy - regtickpro does this vey easily.
As for getting access to the CMD prompt, I have a custom made utility for asking you for a case sensitive word for access.
Only problem is, I haven't figured out how to disable the double click on windows start menu.
Anyone have any ideas?
Related resources
October 13, 2008 9:15:52 PM

you simple have to push start, click on the avatar you've chosen and disable that one thing you want te find!
!