Ati uninstall utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have an 8500dv and I want to install just the new 4.10 driver, control
panel, and capture driver. If I use the ati uninstall utility will it remove
any of the multimedia stuff as well. Can I install just the driver set? Any
advice to do this? Thank you.

Try looking back a day or 2 in this ng, you'll find the answer.

"snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message
>I have an 8500dv and I want to install just the new 4.10 driver, control
>panel, and capture driver. If I use the ati uninstall utility will it
>remove any of the multimedia stuff as well. Can I install just the driver
>set? Any advice to do this? Thank you.

peter

Go to Control Panel/Add&remove
there you'll find the Radeon Drivers and the Control
Panel.........uninstall.........reboot
then install the new ones
pete
"snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message
>I have an 8500dv and I want to install just the new 4.10 driver, control panel,
>and capture driver. If I use the ati uninstall utility will it remove any of
>the multimedia stuff as well. Can I install just the driver set? Any advice to
>do this? Thank you.

Peter. on re-boot xpsp2 will install the previous drivers without the option
to cancel and I'm back at square one..

"peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote in message
> Go to Control Panel/Add&remove
> there you'll find the Radeon Drivers and the Control
> Panel.........uninstall.........reboot
> then install the new ones
> pete
> "snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message
>>I have an 8500dv and I want to install just the new 4.10 driver, control
>>panel, and capture driver. If I use the ati uninstall utility will it
>>remove any of the multimedia stuff as well. Can I install just the driver
>>set? Any advice to do this? Thank you.

You can avoid that by deleting the driver folder under C:\ATI\support
But I still use the cat cleaner myself.

Mike

> Peter. on re-boot xpsp2 will install the previous drivers without the
> option to cancel and I'm back at square one..
>

> "peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote in message
>> Go to Control Panel/Add&remove
>> there you'll find the Radeon Drivers and the Control
>> Panel.........uninstall.........reboot
>> then install the new ones
>> pete
>> "snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message
>>>I have an 8500dv and I want to install just the new 4.10 driver, control
>>>panel, and capture driver. If I use the ati uninstall utility will it
>>>remove any of the multimedia stuff as well. Can I install just the driver
>>>set? Any advice to do this? Thank you.

I have not seen that problem, I was able to cancel windows XP Pro SP2 from

I install drivers in the following way:

1: Uninstall Control Panel
2: Uninstall ATI Drivers ( both through add/remove)
3: Reboot - system boots up in stg vga 640x480
4: Run my registry cleaner program ( included in System Mechanic) and delete
invalid entries
5: Install new ATI Drivers
6: Install ATI Control Panel]

( I have as of yet not tried out the CCC )

--
Don Burnette

snowball wrote:
> Peter. on re-boot xpsp2 will install the previous drivers without the
> option to cancel and I'm back at square one..
>

> "peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote in message
>> Go to Control Panel/Add&remove
>> there you'll find the Radeon Drivers and the Control
>> Panel.........uninstall.........reboot
>> then install the new ones
>> pete
>> "snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message
>>> I have an 8500dv and I want to install just the new 4.10 driver,
>>> control panel, and capture driver. If I use the ati uninstall
>>> utility will it remove any of the multimedia stuff as well. Can I
>>> install just the driver set? Any advice to do this? Thank you.

peter

Don
I do the 1 and 2 part and reboot.When XP starts it loads a default Radeon driver
and my system runs at 1280x1024.Then I install the New Radeons.
peter
"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have not seen that problem, I was able to cancel windows XP Pro SP2 from
>
> I install drivers in the following way:
>
> 1: Uninstall Control Panel
> 2: Uninstall ATI Drivers ( both through add/remove)
> 3: Reboot - system boots up in stg vga 640x480
> 4: Run my registry cleaner program ( included in System Mechanic) and delete
> invalid entries
> 5: Install new ATI Drivers
> 6: Install ATI Control Panel]
>
> ( I have as of yet not tried out the CCC )
>

> --
> Don Burnette
>

> snowball wrote:
>> Peter. on re-boot xpsp2 will install the previous drivers without the
>> option to cancel and I'm back at square one..
>>

>> "peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote in message
>>> Go to Control Panel/Add&remove
>>> there you'll find the Radeon Drivers and the Control
>>> Panel.........uninstall.........reboot
>>> then install the new ones
>>> pete
>>> "snowball" <sb@magic.ca> wrote in message

That's strange, I wonder why yours does it and mine does not?

Mine definitely goes straight into a std vga driver at 640x480.

--
Don Burnette

peter wrote:
> Don
> I do the 1 and 2 part and reboot.When XP starts it loads a default
> Radeon driver and my system runs at 1280x1024.Then I install the New
> Radeons. peter
> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I have not seen that problem, I was able to cancel windows XP Pro
>> SP2 from loading drivers.
>>
>> I install drivers in the following way:
>>
>> 1: Uninstall Control Panel
>> 2: Uninstall ATI Drivers ( both through add/remove)
>> 3: Reboot - system boots up in stg vga 640x480
>> 4: Run my registry cleaner program ( included in System Mechanic)
>> and delete invalid entries
>> 5: Install new ATI Drivers
>> 6: Install ATI Control Panel]
>>
>> ( I have as of yet not tried out the CCC )
>>

>> --
>> Don Burnette
>>

>> snowball wrote:
>>> Peter. on re-boot xpsp2 will install the previous drivers without
>>> the option to cancel and I'm back at square one..
>>>

>>> "peter" <peter@telus.net> wrote in message

peter

I run with a 19" LCD monitor with a digital connection and that is its native
resolution.
If I go to Video Settings/advanced it shows it is using VGA Save with a default
Monitor with Hardware Default settings under the screen refresh rate
The colors are not as bright and the effects are slow...when you drag and drop
you can see the waves.
> That's strange, I wonder why yours does it and mine does not?
>
> Mine definitely goes straight into a std vga driver at 640x480.
>

> --
> Don Burnette
>

> peter wrote:
>> Don
>> I do the 1 and 2 part and reboot.When XP starts it loads a default
>> Radeon driver and my system runs at 1280x1024.Then I install the New
>> Radeons. peter
>> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I have not seen that problem, I was able to cancel windows XP Pro
>>> SP2 from loading drivers.
>>>
>>> I install drivers in the following way:
>>>
>>> 1: Uninstall Control Panel
>>> 2: Uninstall ATI Drivers ( both through add/remove)
>>> 3: Reboot - system boots up in stg vga 640x480
>>> 4: Run my registry cleaner program ( included in System Mechanic)
>>> and delete invalid entries
>>> 5: Install new ATI Drivers
>>> 6: Install ATI Control Panel]
>>>
>>> ( I have as of yet not tried out the CCC )
>>>

>>> --
>>> Don Burnette

Aha, that probably explains it then!!

--
Don Burnette

peter wrote:
> I run with a 19" LCD monitor with a digital connection and that is
> its native resolution.
> If I go to Video Settings/advanced it shows it is using VGA Save with
> a default Monitor with Hardware Default settings under the screen
> refresh rate The colors are not as bright and the effects are slow...when
> you drag
> and drop you can see the waves.
> peter
> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> That's strange, I wonder why yours does it and mine does not?
>>
>> Mine definitely goes straight into a std vga driver at 640x480.
>>

>> --
>> Don Burnette
>>

>> peter wrote:
>>> Don
>>> I do the 1 and 2 part and reboot.When XP starts it loads a default
>>> Radeon driver and my system runs at 1280x1024.Then I install the New
>>> Radeons. peter
>>> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message

talaatbadr

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
لم اكن اتوقع ان اكون فى هذه المكان يوما ما وها انا ذا قد وصلتو اما واننى فى هذا المجهول فانا بمسابه عابر سبيل فهل من الممكن المساعده واعطائى الرنامج ولكم الشكر