HL2 Release date confirmed

For all those interested

"Half-Life 2: November 16
After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.

Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
announced, finally, its release date: November 16.

What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
shooter will all ship on November 16.

Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."

Warty

In article <417424b8$1_5@alt.athenanews.com>, yesbut@nobut.com says...
> For all those interested
>

> "Half-Life 2: November 16
> After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
> officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.

snip

> Warty

I just can't frickin' wait.

Thanks for al the reliable, accurate and up to the minute news over the
last while also Warty, I'm sure it has been appreciated by many!

> Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."

...and what about those with the ATI certificate who chose to recieve a hard
copy of the game instead of downloading the Steam version?

Outdated the moment it's released...

Ralph Birden

"Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
> For all those interested
>

> "Half-Life 2: November 16
> After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
> officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.
>
> Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
> gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
> manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
> announced, finally, its release date: November 16.
>
> What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
> of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
> Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
> Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
> shooter will all ship on November 16.
>
> Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
>

> Warty

Kind of like your posts ralph.

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
> > Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> > Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> > purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> > picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> > 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> > limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
>
> ..and what about those with the ATI certificate who chose to recieve a
hard
> copy of the game instead of downloading the Steam version?

Nobody??? It was a serious question.