Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HL2 Release date confirmed

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:15:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

For all those interested


"Half-Life 2: November 16
After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.

Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
announced, finally, its release date: November 16.

What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
shooter will all ship on November 16.

Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."


Warty

More about : hl2 release date confirmed

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 2:44:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

In article <417424b8$1_5@alt.athenanews.com>, yesbut@nobut.com says...
> For all those interested
>
>
> "Half-Life 2: November 16
> After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
> officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.

snip

> Warty

I just can't frickin' wait.

Thanks for al the reliable, accurate and up to the minute news over the
last while also Warty, I'm sure it has been appreciated by many!
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 3:12:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."

...and what about those with the ATI certificate who chose to recieve a hard
copy of the game instead of downloading the Steam version?
Related resources
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 7:31:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Outdated the moment it's released...

Ralph Birden

"Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
news:417424b8$1_5@alt.athenanews.com...
> For all those interested
>
>
> "Half-Life 2: November 16
> After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
> officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.
>
> Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
> gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
> manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
> announced, finally, its release date: November 16.
>
> What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
> of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
> Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
> Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
> shooter will all ship on November 16.
>
> Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
>
>
> Warty
>
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 12:39:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Kind of like your posts ralph.

"Ralph Birden" <ralph.birden@smc.etat.lu> wrote in message
news:41751730$1@news.vo.lu...
> Outdated the moment it's released...
>
> Ralph Birden
>
> "Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
> news:417424b8$1_5@alt.athenanews.com...
>> For all those interested
>>
>>
>> "Half-Life 2: November 16
>> After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
>> officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.
>>
>> Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
>> gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
>> manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
>> announced, finally, its release date: November 16.
>>
>> What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
>> of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
>> Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
>> Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
>> shooter will all ship on November 16.
>>
>> Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
>> Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
>> purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
>> picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
>> 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
>> limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
>>
>>
>> Warty
>>
>
>
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 4:37:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
news:z5Ycd.760439$M95.723925@pd7tw1no...
> > Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> > Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> > purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> > picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> > 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> > limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
>
> ..and what about those with the ATI certificate who chose to recieve a
hard
> copy of the game instead of downloading the Steam version?

Nobody??? It was a serious question.
!