Automatic Update and BITS Service

Hi

Automatic Update is supposed to use BITS when downloading patches. When I
look on my XP Professional system the BITS service is set to "Manual".

Does Automatic Update start the service when needed or should I set it to
"Automatic"?

Regards
Wayne
1 answer Last reply
More about automatic update bits service

    Hi Wayne, mine is also set to manual and is not causing a problem. If you are
    accessing WU okay, don't worry about it as long as it is not disabled.

    If you are experiencing any problems, please note that you can always post to the WU
    Newsgroup to assist:-
    Windows Update newsgroup:
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

    Kaylene

    "Wayne Gore" <WayneGore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Automatic Update is supposed to use BITS when downloading patches. When I
    > look on my XP Professional system the BITS service is set to "Manual".
    >
    > Does Automatic Update start the service when needed or should I set it to
    > "Automatic"?
    >
    > Regards
    > Wayne

Security Microsoft Windows XP