Necessary Services

Dear Fine People
I am using XP Pro and never use anything whatsoever that would even remotely
allow any type of file, print, sharing of any type whatsoever.
I am the only one that uses my stand alone computer.
Also I have netbios disabled, and use bothe a hardware and software
firewall. For a hardware firewall I have a router that utilizes SPI,
(Stateful Packet Inspection) and the software firewall I use is ZoneAlarm
Pro.
Anyhow my question is regarding what services do I need enabled? I would
like to use only the services that are required to be able to use my PC and
allow me Internet access. I do not use any type of Instant Messaging
whatsoever, nor do I plan to.
Thank YOU!
Truly John Storch

map

"John Storch" wrote:

> Dear Fine People
> I am using XP Pro and never use anything whatsoever that would even remotely
> allow any type of file, print, sharing of any type whatsoever.
> I am the only one that uses my stand alone computer.
> Also I have netbios disabled, and use bothe a hardware and software
> firewall. For a hardware firewall I have a router that utilizes SPI,
> (Stateful Packet Inspection) and the software firewall I use is ZoneAlarm
> Pro.
> Anyhow my question is regarding what services do I need enabled? I would
> like to use only the services that are required to be able to use my PC and
> allow me Internet access. I do not use any type of Instant Messaging
> whatsoever, nor do I plan to.
> Thank YOU!
> Truly John Storch

Write down what you disable just in case you have problems.

Services Guide for Windows XP
http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

--
Carey Frisch