Win XP Registry Editing

We are running Win XP SP 2. Our users need to be able to run a script that
changes the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE

We have given our users full control under this register key, but still
receive the messgae "registry editing have been disabled by your admin"
message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thank you,
Julie

    "Julie" wrote:

    > We are running Win XP SP 2. Our users need to be able to run a script that
    > changes the following registry key:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
    >
    > We have given our users full control under this register key, but still
    > receive the messgae "registry editing have been disabled by your admin"
    > message.

    > Thank you,
    > Julie

    From kellys-corner.com

    Registry - Disable Registry Editing Tools

    Disable or Enable Registry Editing Tools (Line 213)

    Repair the Registry Editor (Line 173)

    Lift Restrictions from the Registry Editor (Line 275)

    Manual:

    Start/Run/Regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

    Value Name: DisableRegistryTools
    Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
    Value Data: (0 = allow regedit, 1 = disable regedit)

    Create a new DWORD value named 'DisableRegistryTools' and set the value to
    '1' to disable registry editing functions.
    Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

    Save the file to the root of your C drive, naming it regfix.reg. Open a
    command prompt window (start, run, cmd.exe) and enter the following
    command: regedit -s c:\regfix.reg

    Type in that command in hit the enter key. You should then be able to run
    regedit.

    Thank you.

    "MAP" wrote:

    > "Julie" wrote:
    >
    > > We are running Win XP SP 2. Our users need to be able to run a script that
    > > changes the following registry key:
    > >
    > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
    > >
    > > We have given our users full control under this register key, but still
    > > receive the messgae "registry editing have been disabled by your admin"
    > > message.
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > > --
    > > Thank you,
    > > Julie
    >
    > From kellys-corner.com
    >
    > Registry - Disable Registry Editing Tools
    >
    > Disable or Enable Registry Editing Tools (Line 213)
    >
    > Repair the Registry Editor (Line 173)
    >
    > Lift Restrictions from the Registry Editor (Line 275)
    >
    > Manual:
    >
    > Start/Run/Regedit
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    >
    > Value Name: DisableRegistryTools
    > Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
    > Value Data: (0 = allow regedit, 1 = disable regedit)
    >
    > Create a new DWORD value named 'DisableRegistryTools' and set the value to
    > '1' to disable registry editing functions.
    > Restart Windows for the change to take effect.
    >
    > Save the file to the root of your C drive, naming it regfix.reg. Open a
    > command prompt window (start, run, cmd.exe) and enter the following
    > command: regedit -s c:\regfix.reg
    >
    > Type in that command in hit the enter key. You should then be able to run
    > regedit.

Registry Windows XP