  • Photo
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 31, 2004 3:05:41 AM

My battery from S50 work about 40-50 photo outside (without using the lamp).
I try to find long live akku on market but everyone have only ca. 550 mAh.
Maybe my battery is damged. What do you think? You know something about
stronger battery?

More about : battery problem

Anonymous
March 31, 2004 3:05:42 AM

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:05:41 +0200, RafPati <patrice3@poczta.fm> wrote:
>My battery from S50 work about 40-50 photo outside (without using the lamp).
>I try to find long live akku on market but everyone have only ca. 550 mAh.
>Maybe my battery is damged. What do you think? You know something about
>stronger battery?

akku? is that some new spelling for alkaline?

Don't use alkaline batteries in a digital camera; they have too much
internal resistance. Go w/ nicads or nimh rechargeable batteries.
Anonymous
March 31, 2004 3:43:16 AM

Obviosly I thought about rechargeable battery.
U¿ytkownik "TCS" <The-Central-Scrutinizer@p.o.b.o.x.com> napisa³ w
wiadomo¶ci
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:05:41 +0200, RafPati <patrice3@poczta.fm> wrote:
> >My battery from S50 work about 40-50 photo outside (without using the
lamp).
> >I try to find long live akku on market but everyone have only ca. 550
mAh.
> >Maybe my battery is damged. What do you think? You know something about
> >stronger battery?
>

> akku? is that some new spelling for alkaline?
>
> Don't use alkaline batteries in a digital camera; they have too much
> internal resistance. Go w/ nicads or nimh rechargeable batteries.
April 1, 2004 12:15:30 AM

TCS typed:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:05:41 +0200, RafPati <patrice3@poczta.fm>
> wrote:
>> My battery from S50 work about 40-50 photo outside (without using
>> the lamp). I try to find long live akku on market but everyone have
>> only ca. 550 mAh. Maybe my battery is damged. What do you think? You
>> know something about stronger battery?
>

> akku? is that some new spelling for alkaline?
>
> Don't use alkaline batteries in a digital camera; they have too much
> internal resistance. Go w/ nicads or nimh rechargeable batteries.

Akku is Europe's expression for Rechargables...(accumulator, or akkumulator
, in German)

But to answer the question - did you look for NiCd or NiMH? Forget NiCd -
they have half the capacity of NiMH. And which size do you have? Normal AA
size NiMH akkus have capacity of 2300 mAh now. If you have smaller AAA, then
it's less, but i think it's still over 1000 mAh.
Which type of battery do you use now anyway?
Anonymous
April 1, 2004 12:15:31 AM

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:15:30 +0200, SleeperMan <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>TCS typed:

>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:05:41 +0200, RafPati <patrice3@poczta.fm>
>> wrote:
>>> My battery from S50 work about 40-50 photo outside (without using
>>> the lamp). I try to find long live akku on market but everyone have
>>> only ca. 550 mAh. Maybe my battery is damged. What do you think? You
>>> know something about stronger battery?
>>

>> akku? is that some new spelling for alkaline?
>>
>> Don't use alkaline batteries in a digital camera; they have too much
>> internal resistance. Go w/ nicads or nimh rechargeable batteries.

>Akku is Europe's expression for Rechargables...(accumulator, or akkumulator
>, in German)

>But to answer the question - did you look for NiCd or NiMH? Forget NiCd -
>they have half the capacity of NiMH. And which size do you have? Normal AA
>size NiMH akkus have capacity of 2300 mAh now. If you have smaller AAA, then
>it's less, but i think it's still over 1000 mAh.
>Which type of battery do you use now anyway?

I use NIMH, but nicads are also useable if you understand the reduced
capacity.

Rechargeable alkalines, on the other hand, are worthless. They have even
less capacity than disposable alkalines.
Anonymous
April 1, 2004 12:45:15 AM

TCS typed:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:15:30 +0200, SleeperMan
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>> TCS typed:

>>> akku? is that some new spelling for alkaline?
>>>
>>> Don't use alkaline batteries in a digital camera; they have too
>>> much internal resistance. Go w/ nicads or nimh rechargeable
>>> batteries.
>
>> Akku is Europe's expression for Rechargables...(accumulator, or
>> akkumulator , in German)
>
>> But to answer the question - did you look for NiCd or NiMH? Forget
>> NiCd - they have half the capacity of NiMH. And which size do you
>> have? Normal AA size NiMH akkus have capacity of 2300 mAh now. If
>> you have smaller AAA, then it's less, but i think it's still over
>> 1000 mAh.
>> Which type of battery do you use now anyway?
>
> I use NIMH, but nicads are also useable if you understand the reduced
> capacity.
>
> Rechargeable alkalines, on the other hand, are worthless. They have
> even less capacity than disposable alkalines.

Sure, but since NiCd are not much cheaper, it's hardly worthed unless you
already have them or get them real cheap. I never tested alkaline
rechargables, but i did read about their low capacity and low number of
rechagre cycles.
!