Easy-search.biz

Easy-search.biz has taken over my computer...how do i block it or get rid of
it...i run windows xp
2 answers Last reply
More about easy search

    This self-help guide will allow you to remove the Easy-Search.biz
    Hijacker
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How_to_remove_the_Easy_Searchbiz_Hijacker-t12491.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:997AA787-FE1E-4622-A1A7-227E75D6E462@microsoft.com,
    murmong <murmong@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    murmong wrote:
    > Easy-search.biz has taken over my computer...how do i block it or get rid of
    > it...i run windows xp

    To deal with issues caused by any sort of "adware" and/or
    "spyware,"such as Gator, Comet Cursors, Smiley Central, Xupiter, Bonzai
    Buddy, or KaZaA, and their remnants, that you've deliberately (but
    without understanding the consequences) installed, two products that
    are quite effective (at finding and removing this type of scumware) are
    Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search & Destroy from
    www.safer-networking.org/. Both have free versions. It's even possible
    to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your system against most
    future intrusions. I use both and generally perform manual scans every
    week or so to clean out cookies, etc.

    Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
    varieties of scumware are available here:

    PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

    More information and assistance is available at these sites:

    Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    The Parasite Fight
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    --