Disable Access to Local HD

April 5, 2005 10:51:02 PM

I have enabled Guest Accout on my XP Pro machine to let my inlaws use my
computer while they babysit my daughter. How do I make a D: drive (a second
physical Hard Drive) completly invisible form within Guest Account? I have 2
other administrative accounts on this system and I want these accounts to see
my D: drive.

More about : disable access local

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:37:02 AM

Convert drive D: to NTFS if it's not already.
Right-click on drive D:, select sharing and security, go to tab Security and
manage permissiong whatever you like.

BR,

Jernej

"PK" wrote:

> I have enabled Guest Accout on my XP Pro machine to let my inlaws use my
> computer while they babysit my daughter. How do I make a D: drive (a second
> physical Hard Drive) completly invisible form within Guest Account? I have 2
> other administrative accounts on this system and I want these accounts to see
> my D: drive.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 10:07:01 AM

This does not work here. "make this folder private" checkbox is grayed out if
i try to apply policy to the whole HD. However, it does work for individual
folders. The problem I'm having is that I want to see the content of D: drive
from my 2 administrative accounts but not the guest account. If I make
certain folders private using one administrative account, the other will not
be able to access this folder. Plus, the guest account will still be able to
see d: drive (even though it will not be able to access it)