Sony or Canon

What camera is the better choice the Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3-Megapixel
Digital Camera or the Sony Cyber-shot 8.0-Megapixel Digital Camera
Model: DSC-F828?
7 answers Last reply
More about sony canon

    "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:g0rac.95239$8G2.38411@fe3.columbus.rr.com...
    > What camera is the better choice the Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3-Megapixel
    > Digital Camera or the Sony Cyber-shot 8.0-Megapixel Digital Camera
    > Model: DSC-F828?

    Better choice for what? The Rebel is a DSLR and has
    orders of magnitude less noise than the point-and-shoot
    F828. But the F828 has a movie mode, and the other
    usual goodies included with a point-and-shoot camera.

    Rick

    Mainly for wildlife and scenery photography. What would take to get the
    canon's lens up to the power of the sony? 200mm??

    "Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > What camera is the better choice the Canon EOS Digital Rebel
    6.3-Megapixel
    > > Digital Camera or the Sony Cyber-shot 8.t 0-Megapixel Digital Camera
    > > Model: DSC-F828?
    >
    > Better choice for what? The Rebel is a DSLR and has
    > orders of magnitude less noise than the point-and-shoot
    > F828. But the F828 has a movie mode, and the other
    > usual goodies included with a point-and-shoot camera.
    >
    > Rick

    Yes. Sony tried to squeeze 8MP onto the same 2/3" sensor
    as their 5MP F717, with depressing results. ISO 200 is nasty,
    ISO 400 a disaster. See the partial crops here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/page14.asp

    Note the 300D Rebel output, essentially smooth all the way
    through ISO 400.

    Rick

    "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:T6tac.95992$8G2.62947@fe3.columbus.rr.com...
    > Mainly for wildlife and scenery photography. What would take to get the
    > canon's lens up to the power of the sony? 200mm??
    >
    > "Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > > What camera is the better choice the Canon EOS Digital Rebel
    > 6.3-Megapixel
    > > > Digital Camera or the Sony Cyber-shot 8.t 0-Megapixel Digital Camera
    > > > Model: DSC-F828?
    > >
    > > Better choice for what? The Rebel is a DSLR and has
    > > orders of magnitude less noise than the point-and-shoot
    > > F828. But the F828 has a movie mode, and the other
    > > usual goodies included with a point-and-shoot camera.
    > >
    > > Rick

    Thanks for the excellent info looks like I'll be looking for a Canon.

    > Yes. Sony tried to squeeze 8MP onto the same 2/3" sensor
    > as their 5MP F717, with depressing results. ISO 200 is nasty,
    > ISO 400 a disaster. See the partial crops here:
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/page14.asp
    >
    > Note the 300D Rebel output, essentially smooth all the way
    > through ISO 400.
    >
    > Rick
    >
    > "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Mainly for wildlife and scenery photography. What would take to get the
    > > canon's lens up to the power of the sony? 200mm??
    > >
    > > "Rick" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > > "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > 6.3-Megapixel
    > > >
    > > > Better choice for what? The Rebel is a DSLR and has
    > > > orders of magnitude less noise than the point-and-shoot
    > > > F828. But the F828 has a movie mode, and the other
    > > > usual goodies included with a point-and-shoot camera.
    > > >
    > > > Rick

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    IT'S MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!

    "Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > What camera is the better choice the Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3-Megapixel
    > Digital Camera or the Sony Cyber-shot 8.0-Megapixel Digital Camera
    > Model: DSC-F828?

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Noise seems to be a real problem for the Sony 8MP chip. There are a
    also a number of other issues with this chip.

    Unfortunately, this same chip is being put into a number of new 8
    megapixel models not only from Sony, but surprisingly from Canon
    itself! I don't know if Canon can overcome some of the noise issues
    with the Sony 8MP chip by changing hardware or software.

    One other advantage of the Rebel is that the firmware can actually be
    "hacked" so that it comes close to doing what the EOS 10D ($2000 USD
    retail) can do. So you're basically getting a $2000 camera by paying
    less than half of that.

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:48:35 -0500, "marlinspike"
    <rishayegan@davidson.edu> wrote:

    >IT'S MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!
    >
    >"Crow T Robot" <spawn69_56@hateSPAMtwmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> What camera is the better choice the Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3-Megapixel
    >> Digital Camera or the Sony Cyber-shot 8.0-Megapixel Digital Camera
    >> Model: DSC-F828?

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    TTT

    http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/

Cameras Sony Canon Peripherals