HELP: Catalyst v4.10 and refresh rates

Hello. Earlier today I downloaded the 4.10 catalyst drivers (with the
control panel) and now I can't seem to be able to change the refresh
rate of my monitor. It's stuck at 60Hz. It was set at 85Hz. Going
in to the advanced video properties and changing it has no effect, and
there seems to be no way to change it through the control panel.
Anyone have this problem or know a way around it that doesn't involve
re-installing the old drivers? Thanks!

"G. Constantine" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Earlier today I downloaded the 4.10 catalyst drivers (with the
> control panel) and now I can't seem to be able to change the refresh
> rate of my monitor. It's stuck at 60Hz. It was set at 85Hz. Going
> in to the advanced video properties and changing it has no effect, and
> there seems to be no way to change it through the control panel.
> Anyone have this problem or know a way around it that doesn't involve
> re-installing the old drivers? Thanks!

For any of ATI's drivers, you might want to consider downloading and using
RefreshForce (ReForce.exe) available at www.guru3d.com . Running this small
program after installing the Catalyst drivers allows you to set the minimum
refresh rate for each available resolution that your card and monitor combo
will support. I installed the 4.10 drivers over the 4.9 drivers today and
retained my 100Hz settings in both OpenGL and D3D without even having to
re-run RefreshForce. Get it - great program and no more 60hz refresh rates.

Gary

peter

Check in Control Panel that it still is your monitor...not plug and play.
You might need to reload the monitors ICM file.
peter
"G. Constantine" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Earlier today I downloaded the 4.10 catalyst drivers (with the
> control panel) and now I can't seem to be able to change the refresh
> rate of my monitor. It's stuck at 60Hz. It was set at 85Hz. Going
> in to the advanced video properties and changing it has no effect, and
> there seems to be no way to change it through the control panel.
> Anyone have this problem or know a way around it that doesn't involve
> re-installing the old drivers? Thanks!

geoff

G. Constantine wrote:
> Hello. Earlier today I downloaded the 4.10 catalyst drivers (with the
> control panel) and now I can't seem to be able to change the refresh
> rate of my monitor. It's stuck at 60Hz. It was set at 85Hz. Going
> in to the advanced video properties and changing it has no effect, and
> there seems to be no way to change it through the control panel.
> Anyone have this problem or know a way around it that doesn't involve
> re-installing the old drivers? Thanks!

set the refresh rate you want in the monitor tab of advanced display
properties
but you also need to set the maximum refresh rate for that monitor in the
displays tab(the ATI one)

TRENDING THREADS