AIW 9800 Pro MMC 9.02 cause system hang and crash?

mb

I have Win XP PRO SP2, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 1 Gig mem, P4 2.8, SB Live!, ATI
AIW 9800 Pro. I have the latest drivers and BIOS. When I run the TV
application and other applications in the background (Internet Explorer) my
system hangs the screen goes blank and I can still hear the audio but must
do a hard restart. I have tried disabling the soundcard, per tech support.
I have also run disk defrag, NAV scan, Ad Aware system scan and three other
programs without running the TV application and had no problem. I am not
overclocking and have tried the default BIOS settings as well as some more
conservative settings.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Had the exact same problem with my ATI AIW 9600Pro using MMC9.02 and ATI's
4.9 drivers. After e-mailing to/from ATI tech support with no solution, I
tried Omega's Radeon Omega Drivers (v2.5.90). That solved the problem.
Remove the ATI drivers first and then install Omega's Radeon 2.5.90 drivers:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:22:33 GMT, "sidg" <sidney.gibsonjr@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Had the exact same problem with my ATI AIW 9600Pro using MMC9.02 and ATI's
>4.9 drivers. After e-mailing to/from ATI tech support with no solution, I
>tried Omega's Radeon Omega Drivers (v2.5.90). That solved the problem.
>Remove the ATI drivers first and then install Omega's Radeon 2.5.90 drivers:
>http://www.omegadrivers.net/

That worked for me also. You need the WDM drivers if you use the
Omega's.
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6246.exe
db

mb

Omega drivers work fine. I have spent countless hours on the phone with ATI
tech and they defended their drivers and said it had to be something else.

Thanks!

"mb" <nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Win XP PRO SP2, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 1 Gig mem, P4 2.8, SB Live!, ATI
>AIW 9800 Pro. I have the latest drivers and BIOS. When I run the TV
>application and other applications in the background (Internet Explorer) my
>system hangs the screen goes blank and I can still hear the audio but must
>do a hard restart. I have tried disabling the soundcard, per tech support.
>I have also run disk defrag, NAV scan, Ad Aware system scan and three other
>programs without running the TV application and had no problem. I am not
>overclocking and have tried the default BIOS settings as well as some more
>conservative settings.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

You're welcome!