Resetting "Administrator" password? (User belongs to Admin..

This is a "Windows XP Pro", private machine.

I belong to the Administrators group, I never had to log in as Administrator.
As a result, I have forgotten Administrator's password.

Can I, as a user, reset Administrator's password?
A pointer to the relevant info would be most welcome.
2 answers Last reply
More about resetting administrator password user belongs admin

    In news:h8e851tuuge7shii1t864kcbsgt703i4d7@4ax.com,
    SansAdresse <sansadresse@nullepart.xyz> had this to say:

    > This is a "Windows XP Pro", private machine.
    >
    > I belong to the Administrators group, I never had to log in as
    > Administrator. As a result, I have forgotten Administrator's password.
    >
    > Can I, as a user, reset Administrator's password?
    > A pointer to the relevant info would be most welcome.

    This is one of the many tools available to help you with that:

    Don't forget to read the manual. Oh, and use a password you're going to
    remember :) (put it on a disk but call the disk fatal recovery disk or
    something else silly so people don't think to look on it for your password)
    It says NT but it's also for XP, 2k, etc.

    Galen

    If you belong to the administrators group, you should be able to right click
    on the administrator within the local users & groups and reset the password.

    "SansAdresse" wrote:

    > This is a "Windows XP Pro", private machine.
    >
    > I belong to the Administrators group, I never had to log in as Administrator.
    > As a result, I have forgotten Administrator's password.
    >
    > Can I, as a user, reset Administrator's password?
    > A pointer to the relevant info would be most welcome.

Security Microsoft Windows XP