Resetting "Administrator" password? (User belongs to Admin..

This is a "Windows XP Pro", private machine.

I belong to the Administrators group, I never had to log in as Administrator.
As a result, I have forgotten Administrator's password.

Can I, as a user, reset Administrator's password?
A pointer to the relevant info would be most welcome.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:h8e851tuuge7shii1t864kcbsgt703i4d7@4ax.com,
SansAdresse <sansadresse@nullepart.xyz> had this to say:

> This is a "Windows XP Pro", private machine.
>
> I belong to the Administrators group, I never had to log in as
> Administrator. As a result, I have forgotten Administrator's password.
>
> Can I, as a user, reset Administrator's password?
> A pointer to the relevant info would be most welcome.

This is one of the many tools available to help you with that:

Don't forget to read the manual. Oh, and use a password you're going to
remember :) (put it on a disk but call the disk fatal recovery disk or
something else silly so people don't think to look on it for your password)
It says NT but it's also for XP, 2k, etc.

Galen

If you belong to the administrators group, you should be able to right click
on the administrator within the local users & groups and reset the password.