password

Is there a way to password protect a file or folder on an account?
1 answer Last reply
More about password

    In news:D69E657E-2EEA-4D00-9AB3-A8D868656008@microsoft.com,
    intertet101 <intertet101@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Is there a way to password protect a file or folder on an account?

    Not native to the OS really. Try this:

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/bcarchive.html

    BCArchive enables you to protect your confidential files by adding them to a
    secure, password protected. To access the files, all you have to do is enter
    the archive password and open it to view or edit the files. You can also
    create a self-extracting version, that allows you to send secure archives by
    email, that can be opened with the proper password, but do not require
    BCArchive to be installed on the PC. The program supports strong symmetric
    encryption algorithms such as Blowfish, IDEA, Triple-DES, CAST5 as well as
    secure hash algorithms (SHA-1, MD5, RIPEMD-160) and asymmetric
    (public/secret key) algorithms. Additional features include Windows Explorer
    integration, send by email, public key manager and more.

    Galen

Security Microsoft Windows XP