D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

using a fresh installation of WinXP pro (DirectX 9.0c, SP1, Catalyst 4.10
for a X800pro), I did a new installation of Unreal II and Unreal Expanded
Multiplayer.

However the mentioned games (and some other too) keep crashing with an
D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR. This happens at least when trying to use the
fullscreen option or when changing some of the graphics details settings.

The critical error dialog tells the I should delete the unreal2.ini and
restart. As this helps for starting again it does not help when changing
the settings again.

Are there any known settings in game or in the Catalyst driver to work
around this problem? Using Windows 98SE before I did not encounter any
problems playing these games, however I used a GF2 Ti instead.

The OS is updated (without SP2 cause this seems to make more problems),
Norton AV 2003 is disabled, all drivers (motherboard, soundcard Audigy) are
up to date.
--
cu,
Michael

Andrew

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:34:26 +0200, Michael Fritz
<spam_athome@yahoo.de> wrote:

>However the mentioned games (and some other too) keep crashing with an
>D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR. This happens at least when trying to use the
>fullscreen option or when changing some of the graphics details settings.

I don't have Unreal 2 any more (I only endured it for about a week),
but you could try running it in OpenGL.

nyktalgia

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
This is a bitch of a problem. I had to reformat and install drivers I knew worked to fix. I tried installing a new nvidia driver and kept getting this error when heroes of newerth was trying to load. It was so messed up never seen anything like it. I don't think its a hardware issue. Personally just think microsoft sucks! OpenGl was aways better than directx I guess microsoft just had the patents for directx.... fuk microsoft! :D I am not too fond of nvidia anymore either....... their logo is consistent with most illuminati/satanic logos. All seeing eye and what not... it's creepy and im not crazy.