Standby/Hibernate blows out wireless connection

Anyone experience issues with wireless connections/associations after your
computer comes out of stanby/hibernate?

Don't use hibernate/stand by...it creates all kind of
problems with networking.
Switch off your machine and reboot when you need it...
Why use hibernate ??

"news.microsoft.com" <tmkjunk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u54LTHOSEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Anyone experience issues with wireless connections/associations after your
> computer comes out of stanby/hibernate?

The Hardware compatibilty test includes standby and hibernation.
So, all logo'ed wireless netcards and their drivers do support standby and hibernation,
as well as XP itself.
The problem can be anywhere else (badly tested 3rd party utilities, network drivers,
the machine's BIOS needs upgrade... )

Regards,
--PA

Tim

I'm a big fan of the fact that my wired PC will always wake from hibernate
when a laptop or PC joins my network wirelessly. I have my bios set not to
wake on lan, but it does anyway, always when I don't want it to.