Sign in with
Your question

Help!!!

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 7, 2010 8:02:03 PM

Hey guys, I just had my first new PC build a couple days ago, and up-till now everything went great. While I was recording with my HD PVR, my PC randomly shut down. When I restarted, it froze after I selected my user name. (When it says welcome with the circular loading bar) I have tried several times with no success to get it to start. I can however, access safe mode and start it completely that way. Another thing is that for whatever reason, the fans are maxed out, but the cpu is idling like it normally does. Anything I can do to fix this?

Its Win7 premium 64bit

Edit: somehow I got it to start up, but the fans are still idling at over 4000 rpms The temps are all fine according to speedfan, and I can manually adjust them, but I think that if I do that and then do something that takes a lot of power that the fans wont automatically adjust to a higher rpm then causing it to over heat or make me have to manually set it every time.

More about : question

a c 371 $ Windows 7
December 7, 2010 9:38:18 PM

go through and recheck all your hardware connections..reseat diims also1
December 8, 2010 12:56:09 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
go through and recheck all your hardware connections..reseat diims also1

It is working fine now, but the system becomes very unstable when i am recording with my HD PVR. Twice now it has crashed and it took me over 20 minutes to get it to get into windows without freezing. The drivers are fully updated and its supposed to be compatible with windows 7 64 bit. Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix it? The recording software that I am using for it is Total Media Extreme thats comes with it.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 8, 2010 6:19:37 AM

are you update driver HD PVR Beta..? go back for driver default & don't Update !
a b $ Windows 7
December 8, 2010 2:00:52 PM

Can you list your full system specs?
Do you have problems doing anythihng else more intensive?
December 8, 2010 3:22:40 PM

Google Coretemp and download it, check the CPU temp if it is going high, if you found it very high, then its either your heat sink is not properly fixed on your CPU or the thermal paste is gone.

Also, can you describe : "Crashed" is it BSD or the entire thing freezes?

Good luck.
December 8, 2010 3:25:01 PM

Surely, for something so new, it must have 64 bit compatible drivers, I think!

Posting the full system specs will definitely help. As of now, I think it's between the memory (you can check 1 stick at a time in different slots, memtest), Motherboard and PSU (required amperage on the +12V rail(s)).
December 8, 2010 5:47:14 PM

I am using speedfan right now for temps and they were perfectly normal. My system just ran prime95 stable for about 3 hours straight, and I have been using Adobe CS5 with absolutely no performance problems. The only problem now is when ever I use my HD PVR for a few minutes it crashes.

System Specs
CPU: AMD phenom ii x6 1075t with stock clock and voltages
Motherbard: Asus m4a785td-v evo
RAM: G.skill 8gig. PC is registering all 8 gigs and proper voltages and timings for it.
GPU: GTX460
PSU: Corsair vx 550

Also, I am positive that the all the usb ports are fully functional as I have used them for many other things like mics, jump drives, and an external HDD. I tried to plug in the usb cable from the PVR without anything in any other usb port, but that did not work.

Edit: Also, the PVR is in full working order, just tested it for 30 minutes on an older laptop running vista home edition 32 bit with no problems
December 8, 2010 6:12:13 PM

From all accounts, it sounds as though it is a driver issue.

I know you said that the Drivers are compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 but if your system runs prime 95 for 3 hrs without any BSOD's and your ports are alright, it can only be either a driver issue, or power.

The VX550 should be plenty alright in a single everything set-up with a GTX 460 and a Thuban on stock.

The Website says - Input Power - 5V at 2 amps. Input voltage of power supply provided: 110-220v at 50/60Hz.
December 8, 2010 6:21:51 PM

calguyhunk said:
From all accounts, it sounds as though it is a driver issue.

I know you said that the Drivers are compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 but if your system runs prime 95 for 3 hrs without any BSOD's and your ports are alright, it can only be either a driver issue, or power.

The VX550 should be plenty alright in a single everything set-up with a GTX 460 and a Thuban on stock.

The Website says - Input Power - 5V at 2 amps. Input voltage of power supply provided: 110-220v at 50/60Hz.

The HD PVR is self-powered with a ac cable so power isn't the issue. I am going to do some research on drivers and such, and I am trying to find somewhere that I can download the updated drivers for TME, but all arcsoft has on their website is stuff with TME2, which doesn't exactly help me at all lol. The Hauppauge website says that the drivers are full compatible with win7 64, and for other people it works out for them. So I am now thinking thats its not the PVR's fault, but the TME application that it came with to record video. If I can't get that fixed i'll find some other software to record with and see how that goes.

But thank you very much for trying to help :)  I really appreciate it especially since this is the first time that I have built a computer and I about had a heart attack when it froze and then wouldn't let me sign back in lol.
a b $ Windows 7
December 9, 2010 2:02:20 PM

Does it run with Media Centre? Give it a try.

The only other thing I can think is HDD a bit flaky on heavy, constant writes...
!