ATI All in Wonder Pro " Old model " JPG 320 X 240 in XP HELP

Hello
I was wondering if anyone out there could help in regards to a Capture
card problem i am currently having
First off i will state what the card is being used for
I presently capture Video and Simply click the mouse to have these Pre
Sized Images " 320 X 240" placed directly on my hard drive " I simply
use it for stills and not AVI's"
What has occured in the past week, Is my computer has been repaired
with a new XP version installed, The first thing i did was downloaded
the new Version of ATI Multimedia center 7.1 I Believe"
Installed the stated XP Driver as well
The problem i seem to be having is when i go into TV player set up
and determine the location of these captured files " With a hopeful
Idea of 320 X 240" it saves all of my files in a BMP Form and when
viewed, They appear as widescreen HDTV Distorted pics.
No Matter how many times i try to adjust the settings for my Liking,
It just does the opposite, It saves in a larger Windows BMP 24 bit
Mind you the settings are present for the 320 X 240 JPG, They just do
not not take
I have tried as much as my 10 hour straight frustration can bear,

The computer is an AMD 1.2 with a 40G HD
The capture card states 4MB, all in wonder pro

Is there a Dedicated capture program that will let me simply capture
an image from a DV Camera at a pre determined size without having to
crop " With the hundreds of pictures, that alone can take me
days...LOL
any info would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about model help

    Mark wrote:

    > Hello
    > I was wondering if anyone out there could help in regards to a Capture
    > card problem i am currently having
    > First off i will state what the card is being used for
    > I presently capture Video and Simply click the mouse to have these Pre
    > Sized Images " 320 X 240" placed directly on my hard drive " I simply
    > use it for stills and not AVI's"
    > What has occured in the past week, Is my computer has been repaired
    > with a new XP version installed, The first thing i did was downloaded
    > the new Version of ATI Multimedia center 7.1 I Believe"
    > Installed the stated XP Driver as well
    > The problem i seem to be having is when i go into TV player set up
    > and determine the location of these captured files " With a hopeful
    > Idea of 320 X 240" it saves all of my files in a BMP Form and when
    > viewed, They appear as widescreen HDTV Distorted pics.
    > No Matter how many times i try to adjust the settings for my Liking,
    > It just does the opposite, It saves in a larger Windows BMP 24 bit
    > Mind you the settings are present for the 320 X 240 JPG, They just do
    > not not take
    > I have tried as much as my 10 hour straight frustration can bear,
    >
    > The computer is an AMD 1.2 with a 40G HD
    > The capture card states 4MB, all in wonder pro
    >
    > Is there a Dedicated capture program that will let me simply capture
    > an image from a DV Camera at a pre determined size without having to
    > crop " With the hundreds of pictures, that alone can take me
    > days...LOL
    > any info would be greatly appreciated
    > Thank you in advance

    XP can resize pictures easily, singly or in groups. Right click pictures
    and choose resize

    "Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Mark wrote:
    > >
    > > The problem i seem to be having is when i go into TV player set up
    > > and determine the location of these captured files " With a hopeful
    > > Idea of 320 X 240" it saves all of my files in a BMP Form and when
    > > viewed, They appear as widescreen HDTV Distorted pics.
    >
    > XP can resize pictures easily, singly or in groups. Right click pictures
    > and choose resize

    If the pictures are stretched, then XP resize will not work. You need the
    Powertoys to do multiple resizes.

    Brad Houser

Radeon ATI Windows XP Graphics