ATI All in Wonder Pro " Old model " JPG 320 X 240 in XP HELP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 22, 2004 4:50:16 AM

Hello
I was wondering if anyone out there could help in regards to a Capture
card problem i am currently having
First off i will state what the card is being used for
I presently capture Video and Simply click the mouse to have these Pre
Sized Images " 320 X 240" placed directly on my hard drive " I simply
use it for stills and not AVI's"
What has occured in the past week, Is my computer has been repaired
with a new XP version installed, The first thing i did was downloaded
the new Version of ATI Multimedia center 7.1 I Believe"
Installed the stated XP Driver as well
The problem i seem to be having is when i go into TV player set up
and determine the location of these captured files " With a hopeful
Idea of 320 X 240" it saves all of my files in a BMP Form and when
viewed, They appear as widescreen HDTV Distorted pics.
No Matter how many times i try to adjust the settings for my Liking,
It just does the opposite, It saves in a larger Windows BMP 24 bit
Mind you the settings are present for the 320 X 240 JPG, They just do
not not take
I have tried as much as my 10 hour straight frustration can bear,

The computer is an AMD 1.2 with a 40G HD
The capture card states 4MB, all in wonder pro

Is there a Dedicated capture program that will let me simply capture
an image from a DV Camera at a pre determined size without having to
crop " With the hundreds of pictures, that alone can take me
days...LOL
any info would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 12:50:17 PM

Mark wrote:

> Hello
> I was wondering if anyone out there could help in regards to a Capture
> card problem i am currently having
> First off i will state what the card is being used for
> I presently capture Video and Simply click the mouse to have these Pre
> Sized Images " 320 X 240" placed directly on my hard drive " I simply
> use it for stills and not AVI's"
> What has occured in the past week, Is my computer has been repaired
> with a new XP version installed, The first thing i did was downloaded
> the new Version of ATI Multimedia center 7.1 I Believe"
> Installed the stated XP Driver as well
> The problem i seem to be having is when i go into TV player set up
> and determine the location of these captured files " With a hopeful
> Idea of 320 X 240" it saves all of my files in a BMP Form and when
> viewed, They appear as widescreen HDTV Distorted pics.
> No Matter how many times i try to adjust the settings for my Liking,
> It just does the opposite, It saves in a larger Windows BMP 24 bit
> Mind you the settings are present for the 320 X 240 JPG, They just do
> not not take
> I have tried as much as my 10 hour straight frustration can bear,
>
> The computer is an AMD 1.2 with a 40G HD
> The capture card states 4MB, all in wonder pro
>
> Is there a Dedicated capture program that will let me simply capture
> an image from a DV Camera at a pre determined size without having to
> crop " With the hundreds of pictures, that alone can take me
> days...LOL
> any info would be greatly appreciated
> Thank you in advance

XP can resize pictures easily, singly or in groups. Right click pictures
and choose resize
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 7:36:11 PM

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Mark wrote:
> >
> > The problem i seem to be having is when i go into TV player set up
> > and determine the location of these captured files " With a hopeful
> > Idea of 320 X 240" it saves all of my files in a BMP Form and when
> > viewed, They appear as widescreen HDTV Distorted pics.
>
> XP can resize pictures easily, singly or in groups. Right click pictures
> and choose resize

If the pictures are stretched, then XP resize will not work. You need the
Powertoys to do multiple resizes.

Brad Houser
!