Password: I want to have programs running if the computer ..

April 7, 2005 9:51:02 AM

Hello,
I need to have some programs (Internet backup, etc.) running on my XP Pro
system but have had a problem when due to power outages that last beyond my
UPS, the computer reboots to the login screen and the programs never run.
What I think I need to do is have no password to log in but once XP is
loaded have a program immediately go to, say, the screen saver mode with
password protection before someone could highjack the system. Perhaps that
is wishful thinking.
I don't know if all that makes sense but at least it somewhat tells you what
I'd like to accomplish.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:27:03 PM

Robert,
Thanks for taking your time to respond to my problem.

No kidding? I didn't realize that anything would run unless logged in. So,
I can maintain the reasonable security that XP's login provides and still
have programs work in the background by putting them in the scheduler instead
of the startup folder or soem other means. Cool!

Thanks again!