Remote wonder II and XP MCE 2005?

tsunami

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

I recently upgraded to XP MCE 2005 on a box that had previously been
running the mce 2004. When I came to install my Remote wonder II, I
find that it no longer works. I install the drivers, and re-start the
machine as normal, plug in the remote receiver, and it starts up the
new hardware wizard, then tells me it can't find the drivers.
So, the question is, will ATI be bringing new drivers out that work
with MCE 2005?
Anyone know of anything in the pipeline?
--
Tsunami
"the geek shall inherit the earth"

Just installed 2005 with a Radeon 8500 yesterday. The card wasn't
"supposed" to work, but it does. 2 sites that helped me alot were,
w w w thegreenbutton dot com and
w w w xpmce dot com

Tsunami wrote:
> I recently upgraded to XP MCE 2005 on a box that had previously been
> running the mce 2004. When I came to install my Remote wonder II, I
> find that it no longer works. I install the drivers, and re-start the
> machine as normal, plug in the remote receiver, and it starts up the
> new hardware wizard, then tells me it can't find the drivers.
> So, the question is, will ATI be bringing new drivers out that work
> with MCE 2005?
> Anyone know of anything in the pipeline?

tsunami

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:17:41 -0400, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:

>Just installed 2005 with a Radeon 8500 yesterday. The card wasn't
>"supposed" to work, but it does. 2 sites that helped me alot were,
>w w w thegreenbutton dot com and
>w w w xpmce dot com

Thanks for the tip, Whenever I start MCE up (not the OS, the media
app), I get a warning message telling me the card or the drivers don't
work with CE, so hopefully one of these sites can help.
--

Tsunami wrote:
> While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on
> Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:17:41 -0400, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:
>
>> Just installed 2005 with a Radeon 8500 yesterday. The card wasn't
>> "supposed" to work, but it does. 2 sites that helped me alot were,
>> w w w thegreenbutton dot com and
>> w w w xpmce dot com
>
> Thanks for the tip, Whenever I start MCE up (not the OS, the media
> app), I get a warning message telling me the card or the drivers don't
> work with CE, so hopefully one of these sites can help.

You using the new 4.10 drivers. I had to even on my older card. Best
wishes.

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:38:51 -0400, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:

>Tsunami wrote:
>> While strolling carefully through the minefield that is Usenet, on
>> Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:17:41 -0400, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:
>>
>>> Just installed 2005 with a Radeon 8500 yesterday. The card wasn't
>>> "supposed" to work, but it does. 2 sites that helped me alot were,
>>> w w w thegreenbutton dot com and
>>> w w w xpmce dot com
>>
>> Thanks for the tip, Whenever I start MCE up (not the OS, the media
>> app), I get a warning message telling me the card or the drivers don't
>> work with CE, so hopefully one of these sites can help.
>
>You using the new 4.10 drivers. I had to even on my older card. Best
>wishes.

I tried them first. My old Radeon VE worked fine under MCE2004, but
not with 2005. I have gone back to 2004 for the moment, until all this
gets sorted out. Thanks for all the help.

--

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:43:44 -0400, "MgM" <boomboom@pimpon.org> wrote:

>Try the X10 Drivers. They worked for me.
>
>http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Thanks for the tip.
When I go back to trying MCE2005, I will give them a try.
--
Tsunami
"the geek shall inherit the earth"
tsunami@nospam.jyurai.co.uk