ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB with Asus P4T533-C - What BIOS ..

Scott

I installed an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB in my P4T533-C (after using
an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro for almost two years), and I have been
encountering problems. Before I look further, what BIOS version is
anyone with this setup using? I am using the latest release version -
1010 (1010c.zip).

Thanks.

Scott

I'd look for a driver culprit before anything else. Did you clean out all
the leftover driver bits before installing the 9800Pro?

"Scott" <holdencaufield@anonymous.net> wrote in message
> I installed an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB in my P4T533-C (after using
> an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro for almost two years), and I have been
> encountering problems. Before I look further, what BIOS version is
> anyone with this setup using? I am using the latest release version -
> 1010 (1010c.zip).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Scott

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:54:05 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I'd look for a driver culprit before anything else. Did you clean out all
>the leftover driver bits before installing the 9800Pro?
Yes, I did clean out the old drivers. What I am seeing is that (so
far it seems only when using IE and opening multiple windows), is that
parts of the screen just start writing. If I catch it in time, I can
close some of the windows, and then do a refresh of the screen, and
this will bring back all or most of the screen. Interestingly, I am
able to run things like Aquamark 3 without any screen problems. This
problem started within a day or two of installing the 9800 Pro. I
unchecked "Enable Write Combining" in Troubleshooting (there was an
ATI FAQ suggesting that sometime JAVA will cause problems and this
would fix that) - still happened.

There's an option in most BIOSes to toggle between UC and USWC video memory
access modes. USWC means "uncacheable speculative write combining". Is this
the option you tried?