Radeon 64 vivo freeze with quake 3

Hello,

I can't play this game, also MS flight simulator,
and it's allways the same scenario : i log in,
and 1/2 seconds after the start of the game it self
(the intros are well displayed) it freezes,
with infinite sound loop... i tryed it on ECS K7S5A,
but also on an other PC with latest drivers, with oldest
drivers, with omega drivers, with win 98, win ME, win XP,
allways the same story. And before login into the game,
the screen is jerky.
If i choose a low resolution and a small display windows,
without full screen, i have the longest life time, about
3 seconds !
May be the card is dead, because i had the same few years
agoo, and MS Flight Simulator was fine ....
any idea would be greatly appreciated !

laurent
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon vivo freeze quake

    "laurent" <laurent.herve23@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message

    " any idea would be greatly appreciated ! "

    What's the rest of your system?
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

    Have you run memtest86? http://www.memtest86.com/

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message news:<2u25rdF24uvjsU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "laurent" <laurent.herve23@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message
    >
    > " any idea would be greatly appreciated ! "
    >

    > What's the rest of your system?
    > http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3
    >
    > Have you run memtest86? http://www.memtest86.com/

    Nice feature this everest, close to aida32 :)

    But i have tried this card on 2 different mainboards, the
    ECS K7S5A and a DFI board... here the everest rapport,
    but i have pull the radeon card out for the moment :

    --------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003, 2004 Lavalys, Inc.
    ]-----------------------------------------------------------

    Version EVEREST
    v1.51.195/fr
    Site web
    http://www.lavalys.com/
    Type de rapport Générateur de
    rapports
    Ordinateur LAURENT
    Générateur laurent
    Système d'exploitation Microsoft
    Windows ME 4.90.3000 (WinMe Retail)
    Date 2004-10-25
    Heure 01:18

    --------[ Résumé ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Ordinateur:
    Système d'exploitation Microsoft
    Windows ME
    Service Pack du système -
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106
    (IE 6.0 SP1)
    DirectX 4.09.00.0902
    (DirectX 9.0b)
    Nom du système LAURENT
    Nom de l'utilisateur laurent

    Carte mère:
    Type de processeur AMD Duron XP,
    1300 MHz (13 x 100)
    Nom de la carte mère ECS K7S5A (5
    PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR, 2 SDR DIMM, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio)
    Chipset de la carte mère SiS 735
    Mémoire système 160 Mo
    (SDRAM)
    Type de BIOS AMI (08/09/02)
    Port de communication Port de
    communication (COM1)
    Port de communication Port de
    communication (COM2)
    Port de communication Port
    imprimante (LPT1)

    Moniteur:
    Carte vidéo Rage Fury
    Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro
    Accélérateur 3D ATI Rage128
    Pro
    Moniteur Smile
    CA6746SL/CB6746SL (10302003050101)

    Multimédia:
    Carte audio Creative SB
    PCI128 (Ensoniq ES5880) Sound Card
    Carte audio
    MPU-401-compatible

    Stockage:
    Contrôleur IDE Contrôleur IDE
    primaire (fifo double)
    Contrôleur IDE Contrôleur IDE
    secondaire (fifo double)
    Contrôleur IDE Contrôleur IDE
    SiS 5513 double canal PCI
    Contrôleur SCSI/RAID Contrôleur
    SCSI Adaptec AIC-7860 PCI
    Lecteur de disquettes GENERIC NEC
    FLOPPY DISK
    Disque dur GENERIC IDE
    DISK TYPE47
    Lecteur optique CRW-5232AS
    État des disques durs SMART OK

    Partitions:
    C: (FAT32) 2387 Mo (1059
    Mo libre)
    D: (FAT32) 16574 Mo (4467
    Mo libre)

    Entrée:
    Clavier Clavier
    standard 101/102 touches ou Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    Souris Port souris
    compatible PS/2

    Because the probleme shows up on 2 differents systems and with
    2 differents games, and with all possibles drivers, it must be the
    card.
    in Q3 i try to disable GL extension, no success and fast write
    is disable by default, my bios has safe memory setting, And
    in XP i ve got this VPU error....
    The card is dead and i have no hope

    Laurent

    I run both Quake III Arena and FS 2004 finest kind here using a PIII -
    733Mz, 512 megs ram, Radeon 64 DDR VIVO (7200) running under 98SE. God knows
    what dated drivers I'm using as I tend to only update when something's not
    working properly.

    "laurent" <laurent.herve23@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I can't play this game, also MS flight simulator,
    > and it's allways the same scenario : i log in,
    > and 1/2 seconds after the start of the game it self
    > (the intros are well displayed) it freezes,
    > with infinite sound loop... i tryed it on ECS K7S5A,
    > but also on an other PC with latest drivers, with oldest
    > drivers, with omega drivers, with win 98, win ME, win XP,
    > allways the same story. And before login into the game,
    > the screen is jerky.
    > If i choose a low resolution and a small display windows,
    > without full screen, i have the longest life time, about
    > 3 seconds !
    > May be the card is dead, because i had the same few years
    > agoo, and MS Flight Simulator was fine ....
    > any idea would be greatly appreciated !
    >
    > laurent

Radeon Drivers Games Graphics