Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

I INSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO IN MY COMPUTER AND I PUT MY LOGON PASSWORD. AT FIRS
I CAN LOGON WITH MY PASS THEN WHEN I REBOOT THE SYSTEM DONT WANT TO ACCEPT MY
PASS. I GO IN SAFE MODE AND THE ADMINISTRADOR HAVE A PASS TOO. WHAT IS GOING
ON PLEASE HELP.

Malke

JOSEPH wrote:

> I INSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO IN MY COMPUTER AND I PUT MY LOGON PASSWORD.
> AT FIRS I CAN LOGON WITH MY PASS THEN WHEN I REBOOT THE SYSTEM DONT
> WANT TO ACCEPT MY PASS. I GO IN SAFE MODE AND THE ADMINISTRADOR HAVE A
> PASS TOO. WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE HELP.

Quite possibly the problem is that your caps lock key was on. since you
apparently have XP Home, go back into Safe Mode and log on with the
normally hidden Administrator account. The default password is blank.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

IT CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD TOO I CANT GET IN MY COMPUTER. AND THE
CAPS LOCK STUFF I ALREADY TRY IT. IT KEEP CHANGING MY PASSWORD BY ITS OWN

JOSEPH wrote:

> IT CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD TOO I CANT GET IN MY COMPUTER. AND
> THE CAPS LOCK STUFF I ALREADY TRY IT. IT KEEP CHANGING MY PASSWORD BY
> ITS OWN

Please stop typing in all caps. It is considered shouting and rude, and
makes your posts hard to read. What has changed your password? Do you
know if your computer is virus-free? If you think it is, what did you
do to determine that?

Use the NTpasswd program to change the Administrator password to a
blank. Then log in and change whatever passwords you want back to
something you'll remember.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Windows cannot change the Administrator password on it's own.

It is probably due to the fact that your caps lock key seems to be
permanently stuck ON. You probably typed in the password with caps lock on.

If *YOU* cannot remember what *YOU* changed the password to, then consider
this a valuable lesson.

In closing, since you chose to ignore the advice about not posting in all
caps, then I will ignore the fact that I could have posted a solution to
your dilemma.

Bobby

"Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
> JOSEPH wrote:
>
>> IT CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD TOO I CANT GET IN MY COMPUTER. AND
>> THE CAPS LOCK STUFF I ALREADY TRY IT. IT KEEP CHANGING MY PASSWORD BY
>> ITS OWN
>>
> Please stop typing in all caps. It is considered shouting and rude, and
> makes your posts hard to read. What has changed your password? Do you
> know if your computer is virus-free? If you think it is, what did you
> do to determine that?
>
> Use the NTpasswd program to change the Administrator password to a
> blank. Then log in and change whatever passwords you want back to
> something you'll remember.
>
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Helpmac

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
I've tried Quickbasic sites but cannot find what I need.
Commands for Caps/Num/Scroll in Hexadecimal are 20/40/60. and 32/64/96 in decimal when using the 'Poke' command. This worked well with Win98 but not on WinXP. (Programming commands being DEF SEG = 0: POKE 1047 [hex/dec]
If you cannot help me please advise which site I should try.

Colin Email: ack2@telkomsa.net