Determine XP version Number

Via a logon script I need to query the version of Xp prior to some action.
So if xp w/sp1 is version 5.1.2600 what is xp /sp2 ? when I do a 'ver'
command i get the same results.

"Bob Dorn" <bobdorn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Via a logon script I need to query the version of Xp prior to some action.
> So if xp w/sp1 is version 5.1.2600 what is xp /sp2 ? when I do a 'ver'
> command i get the same results.

The Windows XP Service Packs do not update the version number.
The 32-bit versions of Window XP will always display 5.2.2600 which is
x.y.z where
x.y is major and minor version number and z is the build number.
The Service Pack level is available from the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Bob Dorn" <bobdorn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Via a logon script I need to query the version of Xp prior to some action.
> So if xp w/sp1 is version 5.1.2600 what is xp /sp2 ? when I do a 'ver'
> command i get the same results.

Fritz

Distinguished
May 13, 2003

Make that "5.1.2600" instead :)

"Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message
> Make that "5.1.2600" instead :)

Yes exactly

Sorry - I have been spending most of my time with the x64 release of XP Pro
which is a 5.2 release but obviously a differing build number.
Erggh ! long day !

--

Regards,

Mike