Thanks

From: "merlin" <merlin@discussions.microsoft.com>

| using the PC-Cillin firewall which is bloIve just built my own machine,
| installed XP service pack 2 and fully updated it from the update website but
| am receiving an alert from my firewall saying it has blocked an attack and
| that there is an LSASS exploit , ms-04-011 refers. I have PC-CILLIN 2005
| fully updated using the PC-CILLAN firewall. Any ideas why im getting this
| when SP2 is ment to resolve these issues???
|
| Thanks

It means you are receiving an attempt to exploit a vulnerability. If you are properly
patched then it stops there. Exploits in themsleves are not viruses that are attempts to
take adavntage of a vulnerability.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Thanks David, thats what i thought. I had also been in contact with Trend
Micro and they told me what ports to block to ensure my PC stays invisable to
the outside world if MS patches dont seem to work. I did what they said and
have had no firther attempts to hack in.

Mark