X800 XT PE stock

I've just been onto komplett asking if they knew when they might be
getting any stock of the X800 XT PEs as I ordered one over 8 weeks
ago. They directed me to http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19238.
Someone might find it interesting (even though it doesn't really tell
you anything you couldn't guess).

Sanddancer

"Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:vpqpn019t9eqfqec738m0uklk6urkpqi3k@4ax.com...

" Someone might find it interesting (even though it doesn't really tell you
anything you couldn't guess). "

The following article is much better:
http://www.tomshardware.com/business/20041018/index.html

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:02:56 GMT, Sanddancer
<Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've just been onto komplett asking if they knew when they might be
>getting any stock of the X800 XT PEs as I ordered one over 8 weeks
>ago. They directed me to http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19238.
>Someone might find it interesting (even though it doesn't really tell
>you anything you couldn't guess).

Not long ago I talked to one of the central purchasers for Komplett. I
seem to remember that they received just under 100 XT PE since the
product was annonced... not much.. don't seems like much is expected
until December...

For the standard XT there dosn't seem to be the same problems, and the
difference in performance ain't that large. But this are PCI
Express-boards for the most...

Time to stop the original order and go for a 6800 Ultra instead
maybe....

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:35:28 +0100, "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com>
wrote:

>"Sanddancer" <Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote in
>message news:vpqpn019t9eqfqec738m0uklk6urkpqi3k@4ax.com...
>
>" Someone might find it interesting (even though it doesn't really tell you
>anything you couldn't guess). "
>

>The following article is much better:
>http://www.tomshardware.com/business/20041018/index.html

Very interesting, thanks.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:08:02 +0200, Clas Mehus <clas.mehus@idg.no>
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:02:56 GMT, Sanddancer
><Sanddancer2002@spam-me-if-you-can.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I've just been onto komplett asking if they knew when they might be
>>getting any stock of the X800 XT PEs as I ordered one over 8 weeks
>>ago. They directed me to http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19238.
>>Someone might find it interesting (even though it doesn't really tell
>>you anything you couldn't guess).
>
>Not long ago I talked to one of the central purchasers for Komplett. I
>seem to remember that they received just under 100 XT PE since the
>product was annonced... not much.. don't seems like much is expected
>until December...
>
>For the standard XT there dosn't seem to be the same problems, and the
>difference in performance ain't that large. But this are PCI
>Express-boards for the most...
>
>Time to stop the original order and go for a 6800 Ultra instead
>maybe....

I have thought about it. I was after the best card I could get as
I'll probably not be upgrading for a while. I'm tempted to cancel my
order and wait for the next cards to come out.