Downloading files - permissions?????

..Hii,

I ned some help, before Thursday of this week, whenever i tried to download
a file from a site I was prompted to confirm or allow the download. My
daughter used my machine to do some home work after I finished, but now when
I try to download anything I end up with an error page saying I am not
authorised, even though I have used the sit before and trust it implicitly.
I know that somewhere in internet options you can change your settings to
allow downloads with a prompt - but I am just a user of PC's not a technical
wizard - any help would be much appreciated.

pip22

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004

Start in Safe Mode (F8), Log on as 'Administrator'. Go into Control Panel -
User Accounts. Check whether the account you were logged into previously for
downloading is shown as a 'Computer administrator' or is 'Limited'. Needs to
be and admin type account to be able to download anything. Change if
necessary.