Finally - Far Cry Patch 1.3

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480146/

--
"Coming soon: Meatspace spyware, little men who live in your cupboards and watch what you eat and then try to sell you timeshares in Toronto."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480146/

At least now I'll feel more confident about buying the game.

hg

> 4.10 seem OK yes, but now I have problems that 1.1 and 1.2 never game me.
> Punkbuster kick offs and many warnings that my valid CD Key is not
> valid...WTF?
>
> I give up. Might as well make room on my hard drive for HL2.

Maybe i'm getting old or maybe it's just the way games these days are but
once I finish a PC game I never go back to it. Even Far Cry which has to
rate as the best FPS I have EVER played has no attraction for me to install
it again and see if this patch gives me any further interest in the game.
HL2 has no appeal to me for some reason - I think I'll wait for Far Cry II
instead. Could be a long wait.

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote in message
> "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>> http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480146/
>>

> At least now I'll feel more confident about buying the game.

I never had any problem with 1.2 patch, or any other version IIRC

I'm kinda like that also. Once I finished a game, its pretty much going to
collect dust after Uninstall. But I have a 3-pc LAN and multiplayer keeps
such games alive. FarCry MP isnt too shabby, but by far the best MP FPS
around is Medal Of Honour and all its flavours. COD is reasonable, but the
engine ruins it. Someone needs to combine MOHAA and COD for the perfect
FPS... perhaps throw in some portions of D3 for good measure :)

"hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message
> > 4.10 seem OK yes, but now I have problems that 1.1 and 1.2 never game
me.
> > Punkbuster kick offs and many warnings that my valid CD Key is not
> > valid...WTF?
> >
> > I give up. Might as well make room on my hard drive for HL2.
> >

> Maybe i'm getting old or maybe it's just the way games these days are but
> once I finish a PC game I never go back to it. Even Far Cry which has to
> rate as the best FPS I have EVER played has no attraction for me to
install
> it again and see if this patch gives me any further interest in the game.
> HL2 has no appeal to me for some reason - I think I'll wait for Far Cry II
> instead. Could be a long wait.

Lou

"Blahguy" <z@z.z> wrote in message

> "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@reply-to-group.com> wrote in message
>> "Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
>>> http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480146/
>>>

>> At least now I'll feel more confident about buying the game.
>>

> I never had any problem with 1.2 patch, or any other version IIRC

I was waiting a long time for the fixed 1.2 patch before I played the game,
but when I got my X800 XT I decided to try the game anyway and got a lot of
graphical glitches making it unplayable. I was only going to try the 1.2
patch as a last resort (I didnt see any info that it would fix it), so I
tried ATI drivers 4.5 to 4.9 and still had the problem. ATI supprt said it
was a UbiSoft problem and not theirs and that setting "shadows" to medium
would help.
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4569.html
It seemed to help at first, but then I had the problem again. Trying to get
the game to work was a real headache because it would some times play for a
bit and then before you get to the next save area it would go bad and I
would have to start over.
I then tried the Omega drivers and the glitches were gone and I could play
the game.
It sounds like the new 1.3 patch might still have problems, but I dont have
any desire to go back and try the game unless there are new bonus SP maps or
features that make it worth it.

Lou