stuttering in cs:source

Just what the subject says. It will be nice and smooth and then stuttering
effect and pause for a couple of seconds then back to normal except a few
feet from where I was. I have 1 gig of memory a 6800 and 3200xp. I even
tried lowering all my settings and playing at 800X600 and still happens.
Other players even think i have a speed hack because Ill be one place then
the stuttering happens and ill be in another place. I thought maybe it was
lag but others on the map dont seem to be experiencing this. Anyone have any
suggestions ?
They would be much appreciated.

Oh and btw, I dont have any problems like this when I play hl2.
2 answers Last reply
More about stuttering source

    lonesw0rdsman wrote:
    > Just what the subject says. It will be nice and smooth and then stuttering
    > effect and pause for a couple of seconds then back to normal except a few
    > feet from where I was. I have 1 gig of memory a 6800 and 3200xp. I even
    > tried lowering all my settings and playing at 800X600 and still happens.
    > Other players even think i have a speed hack because Ill be one place then
    > the stuttering happens and ill be in another place. I thought maybe it was
    > lag but others on the map dont seem to be experiencing this. Anyone have any
    > suggestions ?
    > They would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Oh and btw, I dont have any problems like this when I play hl2.

    Definitely sound slike a lag issue.
    Whats your connection speed? What servers are you playing on?

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

    * Jethro[AGHL] wrote:
    > Definitely sound slike a lag issue.
    > Whats your connection speed? What servers are you playing on?

    Not a lag problem, I had the same thing in CS:S only. Check out same
    post in AGHLCS.

    Connection is cable, 1Gb ram, 256Mb 6800GT vid, 3200+ Athlon XP. Pretty
    high end system.

    Since latest steam update haven't noticed it.

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e : usenet@piggo.com

Games Video Games