stuttering in cs:source

Last response: in Video Games
January 19, 2005 7:27:56 AM

Just what the subject says. It will be nice and smooth and then stuttering
effect and pause for a couple of seconds then back to normal except a few
feet from where I was. I have 1 gig of memory a 6800 and 3200xp. I even
tried lowering all my settings and playing at 800X600 and still happens.
Other players even think i have a speed hack because Ill be one place then
the stuttering happens and ill be in another place. I thought maybe it was
lag but others on the map dont seem to be experiencing this. Anyone have any
suggestions ?
They would be much appreciated.

Oh and btw, I dont have any problems like this when I play hl2.

More about : stuttering source

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 3:37:52 PM

lonesw0rdsman wrote:
> Just what the subject says. It will be nice and smooth and then stuttering
> effect and pause for a couple of seconds then back to normal except a few
> feet from where I was. I have 1 gig of memory a 6800 and 3200xp. I even
> tried lowering all my settings and playing at 800X600 and still happens.
> Other players even think i have a speed hack because Ill be one place then
> the stuttering happens and ill be in another place. I thought maybe it was
> lag but others on the map dont seem to be experiencing this. Anyone have any
> suggestions ?
> They would be much appreciated.
>
> Oh and btw, I dont have any problems like this when I play hl2.

Definitely sound slike a lag issue.
Whats your connection speed? What servers are you playing on?

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

* Jethro[AGHL] wrote:
> Definitely sound slike a lag issue.
> Whats your connection speed? What servers are you playing on?

Not a lag problem, I had the same thing in CS:S only. Check out same
post in AGHLCS.

Connection is cable, 1Gb ram, 256Mb 6800GT vid, 3200+ Athlon XP. Pretty
high end system.

Since latest steam update haven't noticed it.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet@piggo.com