can't find printer on network

jryan

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

After sucessfully connecting new laptop to previously installed wireless network and getting online, I'm having trouble finding other network devices such as host computer hard drive, printer, and scanner. When I launch wizard to find printer on network it doesn't find anything.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Most likely a DNS issue
type in Ipconfig /all at a command prompt, or possibly you have not set
permissions on the hosts machine to let you in. This is a normal windows
issue, little to do with Wireless.